Pick Your Language (Translate)
Operations & Supply Chain Management Education, Career Training & Continuing Education Online at the College of Business and Chico Research Foundation
California State University, Chico (commonly known as Chico State) is the second-oldest campus in the twenty-three-campus California State University system. Established in 1887, Chico State has grown into one of the finest universities in America. The university offers over 100 undergraduate majors and options.
Chico State ranked sixth among master’s level public universities in the western United States in the 2011 edition of America’s Best Colleges from U.S. News & World Report. For the third consecutive year, the Princeton Review included Chico State in its listing of Best Business Schools in 2010.
The Chico State College of Business prepares students to meet the challenges of a dynamic and global business environment, creating a vital and collaborative community of active and involved students, a well-respected and caring faculty, and a superior support staff. Instruction programs are rigorous and student performance requirements are high, creating a challenging and supportive environment that encourages skill development and personal growth. Serving as co-producers of their own campus experience, students are actively involved in academic and co-curricular activities. Intensive interaction with the business community ensures that the business curriculum focuses on issues that are relevant to practice.
- BSIS Degree with Operations and Supply Chain Management Option (OSCM): The Option in Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSCM) provides graduates with the skills and understanding to enable them to function as, for example, Supply Chain Managers, Production Planners, Operations Managers, Quality Managers, Project Managers, Procurement Managers, Business Analysts and Management Consultants. The OSCM profession continues to expand due to technological innovation, global competition and the need to increase productivity and reduce costs. Efficient, cost effective performance across the supply chain requires coordination of sourcing, logistics, production operations, inventory management, and information technology. OSCM professionals ensure that the desired product/service is available to the customer in the right condition and quantity and at the right time, place, and cost.
Career Training & Continuing Education Online
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management + Freight Broker/Agent Training (Online): This program combines two essential career training's for those interested in entering the logistics sector. In learning supply chain management and freight brokerage, you will have a holistic understanding of how these roles contribute to logistics. The Purchasing and Supply Chain Management program will give you an integrated approach to planning, acquisition, flow, and distribution, from raw materials to finished products. Additionally, you will learn how individuals become part of trucking, freight logistics, and transportation industries as licensed freight brokers or as freight broker agents.
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management (online): The Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Online Training Program will introduce you to the fundamental aspects of the supply chain environment, including enterprise resource planning systems and requirement systems. The interrelationships between purchasing, vendor selection, sources of supply, and technology will also be explored in this program. The focus is on management and the skills and resources that a successful manager needs.
- Certified Green Supply Chain Professional (online): The Certified Green Supply Chain Professional Online Training Program will give you the specialized knowledge to enable a company to achieve its environmental sustainability goals through global sourcing, materials management, procurement and buying, transportation and logistics, and new product development.
How to Enroll for Online Courses?
Chico State Features
The California State University, Chico business faculty and staff are part of a worldwide network of higher-education practitioners that are dedicated to providing students with high-quality instruction and co–curriculur programs that prepare them for successful and rewarding careers in business. The highly-qualified and dedicated professionals in the College of Business Undergraduate Advising Office work closely with professionals from academic institutions throughout the world to facilitate smooth transitions for students wishing to transfer to CSU, Chico’s College of Business from high schools, community colleges, and other university programs.
- Campus: The main campus is situated on 119 acres in downtown Chico, but Chico State also owns a 1,050–acre farm and five acres of off-campus dorms about one mile from the main campus.
- Accreditation: At the institutional level, CSU, Chico is accredited by the Senior College Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), one of six regional associations that accredit public and private schools, colleges, and universities in the United States. In addition, the business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Student Profile: Chico State's students come from 39 nations, 40 states, and 2 U.S. territories.95% of the total student population comes from California: 34% from CSU, Chico's service area; 24% from the rest of Northern California; 23% from Central California; 14% from Southern California. 5% are out-of-state or international students.
- Center for Entrepreneurship: Situated in Chico, California, a region that attracts talented entrepreneurs who seek an enhanced quality of life through relocation from nearby urban centers, CSU, Chico provides students with high-quality instruction, exposure to experienced entrepreneurs, and the resources they need to fully develop promising entrepreneurial ventures.
- Center for Information Systems Research: The Center was established nearly two decades ago to support research that explores the use of razor-edge technologies to enhance business communications and outcomes. Over the last five years, more than 200 students have worked on center projects, and a wealth of research has been published in leading journals.
- Corporate Recruitment: The college of business maintains one of the most respected on-campus corporate recruiting programs on the West Coast. The students hit the ground running and consistently outperform graduates from other institutions, distinguishing themselves as leaders within the organizations that hire them.
- Campus Housing: Chico State students have several residence halls to choose from. The university has six traditional residence halls (Mechoopda Hall, Esken Hall, Shasta Hall, Lassen Hall, Sutter Hall, and Whitney Hall) as well as the thematic housing program, with six houses in Konkow Hall. Together these on-campus halls provide housing for 1,500 students who are mostly first-time freshmen.
LAST UPDATED ON May 7, 2019