What is your Language? (Select to translate)
International Logistics, Trade, Warehousing, Customs, Import-Export, & Ocean Freight Education & Training
Skyline College in San Bruno is part of the San Mateo County Community College District (SMCCCD) and offers an excellent education to students from all over the Bay Area. The 111-acre site, just west of Skyline Boulevard in San Bruno, is conveniently available to residents of South San Francisco, Daly City, Colma, Brisbane, San Bruno, and Pacifica. Although its chief service area is northern San Mateo County, Skyline enrolls students from the entire district.
Skyline College offers opportunities for students of all ages. Through Skyline’s Transfer Admission Guarantees, many Skyline graduates transfer to numerous four-year colleges and universities. Other Skyline college students earn Associate in Arts (AA) or Associate in Science (AS) degrees.
Skyline College is committed to preparing a highly skilled workforce for the new economy and has been recognized nationally for its efforts. Students achieve employment and advancement in business and industry after earning certificates from Skyline’s 48 Certificate programs. Skyline College provides a convenient way to fulfill educational goals and offers short courses starting throughout the semester to the community for continuing education. Skyline College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- AS Degree with International Logistics Major: Logistics includes the transportation, freight, warehousing, delivery and support firms specializing in moving goods from producers to customers, including other producers and end users. Skyline’s Logistics Program prepares students for employment, continuing education and advancement in the field of logistics. In addition to the Associate Degree, the program offers fast-track certificates in three areas.
- AS Degree with International Trade Major: International Trade involves activities related to the global exchange of goods and services to satisfy needs. These activities include acquiring, developing and managing physical, financial, and human resources. Skyline’s program prepares students for many exciting careers in the global business environment.
- International Logistics Customs Broker (Career Certificate): At the completion of this program, students will be prepared for an entry level or junior customs broker position within a Customs Brokerage firm. The student will be able to apply basic concepts, components and terminology to international trade, cargo transportation and supply chain logistics; comprehend the services of a customs broker and how these services interrelate with other businesses and government agencies involved in the import process; evaluate products for US customs admissibility, tariff classification and entry value; and describe customs enforcement methods.
- Ocean Freight Forwarding (Certificate of Specialization): At the completion of this program, students will be prepared for an entry level or junior freight forwarder position within the offices of an International Freight Forwarder. The student will be able to apply basic concepts and terminology needed to understand and perform basic freight forwarding services, perform entry-level operational tasks related to international forwarding, avoid US export and destination country import violations, assure that proper procedure is applied to foreign collections, explain to a shipper intermodal shipping service alternatives, and perform entry-level ocean forwarding and NVOCC operational tasks.
- International Trade (Certificate of Achievement): Courses include: Intro to International Business, International Finance. Intercultural Business Communication, Intro to International Marketing, Legal Environment of International, Global Business, Import/Export Management etc.
- Import & Export (Certificate of Achievement): Courses include - Intro to International Business, Intercultural Business Communication, International Logistics and , Legal Environment of International, Import/Export Management etc.
- Warehousing and Logistics (Certificate of Specialization): Courses include - Warehousing and Logistics, Purchasing and Supply Management, Inventory Management, Transportation Management, Business Work Experience etc.
Last updated: Sep 14, 2017