Supply Chain Management Programs at School of Business Administration (UCR SoBA) & UCR Extension
UC Riverside is a major research university and one of the 10 University of California campuses. A national center for the humanities, it offers students a supportive, collegial learning environment with nationally and internationally recognized faculty dedicated to the highest standards in research, teaching, and public service.
Located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountains in Southern California, the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region and to local mountains — home to some of the best skiing and snowboarding in the region — beautiful beaches, amusement parks, golf courses, and outstanding shopping and entertainment.
The School of Business Administration (SoBA) is composed of The A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management and the Undergraduate Business Programs. The school is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in substantive scholarly research enhancing the world’s base of knowledge about organizations, their environments, and their management, and to the transmission of this knowledge through quality educational programs to students, alumni, business managers, and the public.
- BS in Business Administration with concentration in Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSCM): The School of Business Administration offers an upper-division major in Business Administration intended for students who seek a professional education in the functional fields of private sector management. Students who are admitted into the Pre-Business program during their freshman and sophomore years receive advising through the College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences. After admission to the major, students are advised by the SoBA Undergraduate Business Programs Office. In addition to administering the program, the SoBA also teaches courses in the functional areas of management such as finance, accounting, human resources management,marketing, operations and supply chain management, and management information systems. The B.S. degree in Business Admin istration is awarded by The School of Business Administration.
UCI Extension Professional Studies
- Professional Certificate in Purchasing, Logistics and Supply Chain Management (9-12 months): This comprehensive program is offered in cooperation with the Inland Empire Chapter of the Institute of Supply Chain Management to provide you with knowledge and skills so you can successfully work within a dynamic global network.
- The course is designed for those who currently have a position or aspire to have a position in - logistics and supply chain management, purchasing management, contract management, warehousing, operations management within logistics or supply chain organizations, and transportation-related fields (trucking, rail or intermodal transportation firms)
UC Riverside Features
The School of Business Administration (SoBA) emphasizes growing strengths in the areas of marketing, supply chain management, account- ing, and finance. The school resides in a 30,000-square-foot home featuring state-of-the-art research and teaching facilities. The SoBA Microcomputer Facility offers software packages in statistics, databases, spreadsheets, financial planning, management science, econometrics, graphics, word processing, and Internet connections. The facility is used for teaching, class demonstrations, theses, and research projects. Students learn computing skills in SoBA courses with special computing requirements, and in optional seminars.
- Campus: The university is in the city of Riverside, Southern California, and conveniently located near mountains, desert & beaches. Located east of Los Angeles and north of San Diego, Riverside is an All American City and the county administrative center. The area enjoys a year-round temperate climate and an exceptional quality of life with its architectural beauty, cultural art museums, quality housing, and wide variety of recreational opportunities.
- Accreditation: UCR is a member of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The School of Business Administration and The A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management are accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Education Abroad Program: The Education Abroad Program is UC's official study abroad program, offering a high quality curriculum tailored to meet the specific needs of UC students. EAP operates in cooperation with nearly 120 host institutions in 35 countries worldwide, and sends nearly 4500 UC students overseas annually. Available at each class level, First Year through Senior students in any major will want to identify an EAP experience for their degree and career plans. Options vary by duration (short term to academic year) and by academic focus.
- Reserve Officer’s Training Corps: Students may with the permission of the dean of their college enroll in ROTC courses at another institution while completing their degree programs at UCR.
- Washington Academic Internship Program: This program provides undergraduate students with a multi-dimensional education experience in Washington, DC. Students undertake academic pursuits as well as cultural and social activities. The program combines course work with field research and internship experience. Students also have the opportunity to tour local sites and dialogue with distinguished professionals in the Speaker Series.
- Career Center: The Career Center has twenty one professional and administrative staff members available to assist students with their career decision making, internship placement, graduate and professional school application, and the job search process. Open year-round, the center offers a career resource library, seminars and workshops, individual and group counseling,vocational testing and a comprehensive interactive website available 24 hours a day.
- Housing, Dining & Residential Services: The Residence Halls are home to more than 3,000 students at all class levels living in double and triple rooms on coeducational halls. All Residence Hall rooms are furnished, heated and air-conditioned, with high speed data connectivity, telephone, and cable television service included.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 13, 2017