What is your Language? (Select to translate)
Supply Chain Management Graduate Degree, Global Logistics & Marine Terminal Operations Certifications & Hazmat Training Online at CSU Long Beach CITT
Founded in 1949, the California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) is nationally recognized as a leading public comprehensive university. California State University, Long Beach is located three miles from the ocean and stretches across 323 beautifully landscaped acres. CSULB is a diverse, student-centered, globally-engaged public university committed to providing highly-valued undergraduate and graduate educational opportunities through superior teaching, research, creative activity and service for the people of California and the world.
CSULB has been listed Best in the West in The Princeton Review's 2011 Best Colleges: Region by Region and fourth best public regional university in the West according to US News & World Report's 2011 edition of America's Best Colleges Guide. It is also listed by Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine among the 100 Best Values in Public Colleges earlier.
The Center for International Trade and Transportation (CITT), housed at The College of Continuing and Professional Education, is a multidisciplinary center for multifunctional transportation studies and integrated logistics research, education, training, policy analysis, and community outreach. The College of Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE) provides you with access to CSULB's exceptional academic programs and educational resources by offering an extensive variety of credit and professional development programs.CSULB is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Graduate Degree Programs
- MS in Supply Chain Management (MSSCM): The Master of Science in Supply Chain Management program (MSSCM) at CSULB will provide you with advanced and highly demanded training in modern supply chain management practices, analysis methods, technology applications, strategy development, and other relevant skills that will advance your career prospects and prepare you for lifelong learning in a global supply chain environment. This program is brought to you in partnership by the College of Business Administration (CBA), the College of Liberal Arts (CLA), the College of Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE), and the Center for International Trade & Transportation.
Certification Programs (Professional Designation)
Global Logistics Specialist Professional Designation Program: The Global Logistics Specialist (GLS) program is a ship-to-shelf training solution for those involved in the international movement of goods. The program is designed in a flexible format. Through innovative delivery methods combined with active class participation and site visits, you will work with and solve real transportation issues. The program is taught for the industry by the industry and you will have the opportunity to interact and network with professionals and leaders from various segments of the supply chain. The designation is endorsed by industry professionals as a comprehensive educational program for individuals entering or seeking advancement in the supply chain and logistics industry.
Global Logistics Specialist Professional Designation Program (For International Students): CSULB’s American Language Institute (ALI) and the Center for International Trade & Transportation (CITT) offer the Global Logistics Specialist (GLS) Professional Designation Program for international students. Through this program, you will participate in all six modules of the Global Logistics Specialist (GLS) courses with regional industry experts, fellow classmates from CSULB, and students from around the world. The six month program is designed to provide supply chain/logistics training from a US perspective. Additionally, it offers English language instruction from ALI and/or University courses offered through Open University. Students will also experience various aspects of the US culture.
- Global Logistics Specialist Professional Designation Program (Online): CITT offers the Global Logistics Specialist (GLS) Professional Designation Program online . Enter the world of logistics and learn about the supply chain in the comfort of your own home or office. Through the Online GLS Professional Designation Program, you will participate in a facilitated learning environment with industry experts and fellow classmates throughout the nation and the world.
- Marine Terminal Operations Professional Professional Designation Program: This comprehensive training program was developed by the Center for International Trade and Transportation at California State University, Long Beach in collaboration with Marine Terminal Operators (MTOs). The program covers all aspects of terminal operations and increases career opportunities for individuals who either seek entry or advancement into this dynamic industry. Students will gain the critical knowledge and skills required by marine terminal operators worldwide to thrive in this highly competitive environment.
Professional Development Courses
- Introduction to Logistics and Supply Chain Management Program (Online): This self-paced, online training program will expose students to the key functional areas of supply chain management and international transportation. With an eye towards developing the tactical skills necessary to compete in the global economy, participants will gain an understanding of the strategies, processes, activities, and technologies associated with the import and export of goods across international borders.
- Sales Boot Camp for Logistics Professionals (2 days): This instructor-led program has been designed specifically for the challenging selling environment within today’s global transportation marketplace. The course combines sales skill, strategy, and tactics with real-world examples and scenarios.
- Ports - Local Actors and Global Trade: This class provides an overview of the key decision makers involved in ports and their operations. It begins with a brief history of the development of port cities and international trade. The course considers the role of federal, state and local government with regard to port development and their influence on port operations, as well as the roles played by various functions involved in the day-to-day work at the docks.
- Ports - Gateway to International Trade: This class will show you how freight enters the port complex, and the processes involved before the goods leave the terminal gates on the way to its point of consumption. We provide an overview of logistics, the supply chain, and the various components and functions involved in getting goods from origin to the final customer.
- Careers -The Key to Success is an Educated and Skilled Workforce: This class will explore career opportunities in and related to trade and transportation. Whether you are new to the industry, specialize in a specific area or support function, want to broaden your range of skills, or determine how you may bring value to your organization, this class will teach you what it takes to start and/or build a successful career in this dynamic field.
HazMat Training Online
- DOT 49 CFR Regulations (Ground) Training: This course covers the shipper’s and carrier’s responsibility under the Department of Transportation (DOT) 49 CFR Regulations. Topics Include: HazMat table; Shipping papers; Marking and labeling; Placarding; and Packing and packaging.
- IMDG Ocean Dangerous Goods Regulations Training: This course covers the shipper’s and carrier’s responsibility under the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Ocean Regulations. Topics Include: General provisions; Classification; DG list, limited quantity exceptions, special provisions; Packing and tank provisions Consignment procedures; Package specifications and testing; Segregation and loading; and US government exceptions to IMDG rules.
- HazMat - General Awareness, Safety and Security Training: This online course provides an overview of regulations and training requirements for individuals who handle any type of hazardous materials and need to meet General Awareness and Safety training requirements.
Last updated: Sep 13, 2017