Translate to Your Language
STCW Safety and Survival Training, Survival Training for Boaters and Passengers in Upinniemi Kirkkonummi and Lohja, Finland
Established in 1997 by merger of a fire training unit, a ship simulator unit and Helsinki Maritime College, Meriturva Maritime Safety Training Centre provides fire and survival training both for professional and amateur seafarers. Meriturva today consists of two STCW audited units offering maritime safety training - fire training unit in Upinniemi Kirkkonummi and survival training unit in Lohja.
Meriturva centre provides training to professional mariners, maritime students, maritime authorities, airlines, boaters and ship passengers in three languages - Finnish, in Swedish and in English. Meriturva trains over 4000 personnel annually and also offers an excellent research field for the development of maritime safety in collaboration with various enterprises, research institutes, colleges, and universities.
Meriturva Fire Training Unit has several simulators such as ship simulator, tank simulator and trainees can practice extinguishing indoor fires and entering smoke filled spaces when using self-contained breathing apparatus in a fire simulator. Meriturva Survival Training Centre’s training pool is the biggest in Finland and with its changeable weather conditions with wind and waves, it creates realistic and challenging conditions.
- Basic Safety Training (6 days)
- Basic Fire Fighting (2 days)
- Advanced Fire Fighting (3 days)
- Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Course (3 days)
- Fast Rescue Boat Course (3 days)
- Security Awareness Training (8 hours)
- ISPS Security Officer Course (2 days)
- Crowd and Crisis Management Course (2 days)
STCW Refresher Courses
- Basic Safety Training Refresher Course (2 days)
- Basic Fire Fighting Refresher Course (1 day)
- Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher Course (2 days)
- Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Refresher Course (1 day)
- Fast Rescue Boat Refresher Course (1 day)
Other Courses for Professionals
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) (1 day)
- Tailored Courses
- Survival Course for Boaters (1 day)
- Survival Course for Ship Passengers (3-4 hours)