Translate to Your Language
E-Logistics & Technology Management; Operations & Supply Chain Management; and Maritime & Transportation Law Education in Hong Kong
Founded in 1984 and achieved university status in 1994, City University of Hong Kong (CityU) is a comprehensive research university in Hong Kong. CityU has achieved phenomenal growth since its establishment. To date, it has a student population of 20,000 enrolled in more than 130 programs at the associate, undergraduate and postgraduate levels with more than 3,000 staff members employed. The 2011 QS Asian University Rankings rated CityU as 15th among the top Asian universities and the 4th in Hong Kong.
CityU offers professional education that prepares its students for the challenges and exciting opportunities opening up in Hong Kong, the Asia-Pacific region and throughout the world in business, science and engineering, energy and environment, law, creative media and social sciences. The three Colleges: Business, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Science and Engineering, and the School of Creative Media and School of Law offer bachelors degree and postgraduate programs. The School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE), an extension of CityU, provides quality continuing education for professional practice.
Through its extensive links with relevant industries, CityU provides real-life opportunities for students to work with and learn from professionals in the workplace, from bachelor degrees and postgraduate studies to associate degrees and continuing education.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in e-Logistics and Technology Management (4 years): This Major aims to equip students with analytical, technical, managerial, and behavioral skills / knowledge in aspects of contemporary logistics and related technology in order to prepare them to play key professional and managerial roles in the global logistics industry amidst increasing and evolving challenges. Students will acquire a broad understanding of the concepts, techniques and tools in the subject domain to enable them to identify and tackle diverse problems with effective use of contemporary computing systems, technology and solutions in the logistics and related sectors.
Masters Degree Programs
- MBA with Concentration in Supply Chain Management (2 years full-time, 3 years part-time): Upon successful completion of the CityU MBA program, you should be able to develop knowledge in business and management disciplines through interest-based activities in addition to synthesize and apply knowledge across disciplines to business problems, particularly within a Greater China Business context. The Supply Chain Concentration offers you a brand new broader perspective to reexamine your business operations and rediscover the abundant business opportunities out there. Extensive case studies, business leader workshops, and practical enterprise projects constantly challenge your thinking as you learn how to build and grow your supply chain.
- MSc in Operations and Supply Chain Management (1 year full-time, 2 years part-time): The program aims to enable students to apply modern analytical and managerial skills that facilitate problem identification and analysis at all levels of operational practices and decision makings in Supply Chain Management. The program benefits from the use of relevant technology and software packages to reinforce students’ understanding of the concepts, methods, and processes introduced.
Maritime Law Program
- Master of Laws in Maritime and Transportation Law (1 year full-time, 2 years part-time): The program aims to provide an intensive study of issues and practices relating to the Maritime and Transportation Law. Students may also choose to follow a general course of study. Participants with a pre-entry background in law will be provided with an opportunity to enhance their professional competence, specialist knowledge and career focus.
CITYU Hong Kong Features
CityU provides a conducive learning environment and excellent education to international students. The University offers a wide range of programs leading to the awards of Doctor of Philosophy, Master of Philosophy and nearly 190 awards at the sub-degree, undergraduate and taught postgraduate levels. The applied research and professional teaching on offer at CityU are well recognized in the higher education community. The University has first-rate facilities for teaching, study, research, sport and leisure.
- Campus: The University’s campus is located in Kowloon Tong. The main campus caters for every aspect of student life − study (lecture theatres, modern classrooms, laboratory facilities, a library and computer centers), recreation (a sports complex, swimming pool and tennis courts), living (student accommodation), student support services, an academic exchange building and other conveniences.
- Accreditation: City University of Hong Kong is a public, fully accredited university in Hong Kong. Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in e-Logistics and Technology Management has been successfully accredited by the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE), and has met the academic requirements for obtaining Registered Professional Engineer status in the disciplines of Logistics and Information Technology.
- Hong Kong Center for Maritime and Transportation Law: The CityU School of Law has established the Maritime and Transportation Law Center, which will serve as a bridge between the academia, industry and the legal profession. It will be comparative in perspective and global in scope. The Center will nurture and train the next generation of maritime law and shipping professionals and promote Hong Kong as a premier global seaport.
- Career Education Programs: The Career Education Programs are designed to help you equip yourself with these skills so that you can demonstrate them to your prospective employers when you are applying for a job.
- Career Talks: You can familiarize yourself with organizational structures, screening requirements, and career development opportunities of prospective employers at the 90+ Career Talks CityU.
- The Big 4 (PwC • Deloitte • KPMG • Ernst & Young) Recruitment: Career and Internship office provides important information regarding the recruitment process of the Big 4 Companies. Students who wish to work for the Big 4 are advised to develop a good understanding of the recruitment scheme before they apply. While each of the Big 4 companies has their own emphasis in the recruitment process, there are requirements that are common to all four.
- Student Exchange Program: Under the Student Exchange Program (SEP), over 110 credit-bearing exchange programs are offered at institutional or faculty/departmental level. The institutional level programs will be open for application by full-time bachelor's degree students from all compatible disciplines, while faculty/departmental-level programs refer to those which are open to students from a specific Faculty, School or Department.
- Housing: Student Residence Office provides on-campus accommodation for almost 3,000 students. Our goal is to create a safe, supportive and stimulating residential community that embraces diversity, participation and learning. Also it provides general assistance for CityU students who are looking for off-campus accommodation.
LAST UPDATED ON Dec 14, 2017