Emergency Response & Risk Management Education and OPITO Approved Training programs for the Maritime and Oil & Gas Industries
Established in 2004 and headquartered in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, Wild Geese Group (WGG) is a PETRONAS Licensed, HRDF and MOGSC registered company that provides Emergency Management, Incident Command System (ICS) and Crisis Management related Training and Consultancy services to the Oil and Gas and other Industries worldwide.
The Wild Geese Group Academy (WGG Academy) was established to help meet the specialized needs of personnel working, or seeking to work, in the fields of Emergency Response Management within high risk industries.
Wild Geese Group has also collaborated with the University of Applied Research & Development (UARD) to develop and create the Emergency Response Risk Management (ERRM) pathway from Diploma Level 4 through to Master`s Degree Level
WGG is accredited and approved by awarding bodies such as OPITO, BTEC, TEEX and AFAC have all recognized WGG as a specialized course provider.
Education & Training Programs
Maritime Emergency Response & Risk Management (MERRM)
- Diploma of Maritime Emergency Response & Risk Management (Level 4) – 1 year
- Advanced Diploma of Maritime Emergency Response & Risk Management (Level 5) – 1 year
- Bachelor of Maritime Emergency Response & Risk Management (Level 6) – 3 years
- Masters of Maritime Emergency Response & Risk Management (Level 7) – 1 to 2 years
- These internationally accredited Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Bachelors and Masters degree has been developed with industry experts to instill the core skills and knowledge essential for both risk management and effectively managing an emergency if and when it happens.
- With extensive use of case studies, roll play, disaster simulations and study, Marine students are equipped with the skills and knowledge required to manage risk and respond to and manages an emergency at sea.
Emergency Response & Risk Management (ERRM)
- Certificate in Emergency Management in the Oil & Gas Industry (Level 3) (2-3 hours, online)
- Diploma of Emergency Management (Level 4) - 1 year
- Diploma of Crisis Management (Level 5) - 1 year
- Diploma of Emergency Management in the Oil & Gas Industry (Level 4) - 1 year
- Diploma of Crisis Management in the Oil & Gas Industry (Level 4) - 1 year
- Diploma of Emergency Response & Risk Management (Level 4) - 1 year
- Advanced Diploma of Emergency Response & Risk Management (Level 5) - 1 year
- Bachelor of Emergency Response & Risk Management (Level 6) 3 years
- Masters of Emergency Response & Risk Management (Level 7) - 1 to 2 years
- These programs are part of the Professional Development Scheme (PDS) for industry specialists who are members and or team leaders performing as part of their dedicated Emergency Response Management (ERM) Organization.
- A number of industry qualifications are currently recognized including certifications from OPITO and TEEX.
- Instructors will be using a variety of technologies such as Google Classrooms, Zoom and dedicated Facebook Groups to facilitate study, deliver lectures and materials to students, and to facilitate group work, assessment and assignments.
- To successfully complete the required learning elements, successful applicants to the programme will be expected to be able to dedicate between 5 to 10 hours per week for lectures, workgroups, assessment, and study.
Offshore Training Programs
- Incident Management Team (2 days): The program is based on the principles of the Incident Command System (ICS-300). The program provides the delegates in attendance with formal training in the strategy, tactics, command and control, communications and coordination elements used in the support of major emergencies.
- Emergency Training & Mentoring Program - Onsite (3 days): This program provides non-disruptive Training and Mentoring in a familiar environment to improve confidence, efficiency and effectiveness. Also to offer recommendations for improvements based on observations, OPITO Standards and Industry Best Practices.
- Designated Person in Charge (1-2 days): This course aims to prepare the Designated Person In Charge to take his team to a satellite and ensure their safety in the event of any type of incident that may occur whilst on the satellite.
- Effective Emergency Drill Coordinator Course (EEDC) (2 days): Drills and exercises provide a company with an opportunity to validate their organizations capability to respond or manage an emergency situation.
- OPITO CRO ER - Control Room Operator Emergency Response (1-3 days): The aim and objective of the CRO Emergency Response Competence Assessment are to formally assess the candidate in the role of the CRO during emergency situations in a simulated environment.
- OPITO MEM IR - Major Emergency Management Initial Response (2-3.5 days): This training program introduces the Management Principles as the first stage of development for Emergency Managers and provides a controlled, stressful, simulated emergency environment that candidates can develop and build teamwork and confidence under Appraisal rather than Assessment conditions.
- OPITO OIM CE - Offshore Installation Manager Controlling Emergencies (1-3 days): The OIM CE program is a Practical Assessment program.
- OPITO PM/IC - Plant Manager / Incident Commander Initial Response (1-3.5 days): The OPITO-approved Plant Manager/Incident Commander Initial Response Training Standard will introduce management principles as the first stage of development for Incident Commanders. This training program introduces the Management Principles for Emergency Managers and builds confidence using a no passes or fail appraisal process.
- RRT - Relative Response Team (1 or 2 days): This program is designed to give them the skills, tools and CONFIDENCE that will at least help and prepare them should they ever be needed to interact and need to be the bearer of bad news to the family and loved ones.
- OPITO Competence Assessor (2 days): The aims and objectives of this program is to impart initial training requirements to enable trainee assessors, to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to carry out assessments.
- Remote OPITO OIM CE Assessment - Offshore Installation Manager Controlling Emergencies (online): The aim of the OIM Controlling Emergencies assessment program is to assess delegate’s performance as the OIM using direct observation as a method of assessment.
- Remote OPITO CRO ER Assessment - Control Room Operator Emergency Response (online): The aim and objective of the CRO Emergency Response Competence Assessment are to formally assess the candidate in the role of the CRO during an emergency situation in a simulated environment.