Maritime & Transportation, Port and Shipping Management & Maritime Law Programs & Training in Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Established in 2011, Netherlands Maritime University College (NMUC) (Formerly Netherlands Maritime Institute of Technology - NMIT) undertakes maritime education, training, research and consultancy activities. Located right at the heart of ASEAN and at the junction of bustling regional maritime industries,
NMUC is strategically positioned to support national and regional competitiveness in the maritime, logistics as well as oil and gas industries through the offering of various accredited academic and training programs.
NMUC has supported more than 2,000 students at both the City Campus in Johor Bahru and EduCity Campus in Iskandar Puteri. NMUC currently offers programs at diploma level in the field of port operations, shipping management, maritime logistics, maritime law and maritime occupational safety & health. A Bachelors degree program is also offered recently.
They also offer several other courses in the pipeline covering areas in offshore oil & gas operations, petroleum facilities management, nautical studies, marine engineering and many more.
All theprograms are accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and recognized by reputable university partners from all over the globe.
Education & Training Programs
- Diploma in Port Management (2.5 years): The program is structured around the themes of the role of ports within international trade, shipping and logistics, managing harbor operations, managing port property, managing terminal operators, and related management knowledge and skills, before culminating in case studies or assignments which draw the various elements of the program together.
- Diploma in Maritime Transportation Management (2.5 years): The course focuses on the main activities carried out in the maritime transport and logistics sectors, concentrating on the management of ship and shipping activities, ports and marine management. The course also prepares the student with relevant competencies in the field of management, maritime operations, maritime law and transportation. Graduates can assume the position of executive or junior managers of maritime transport and logistics companies apart from assuming roles in the public sectors.
- Diploma in Shipping Management (2.5 years): This course exposes students to the latest development in the shipping industry and offers a broad view of shipping business, challenges and opportunities posed to the shipping practitioners. It also highlights the key issues in the context of international shipping which includes shipbuilding, marine equipment manufacturing, maritime service providers and offshore and oil/gas sectors.
- Diploma in Maritime Law (2.5 years): Courses that are offered include - Malaysian Legal System; Commercial Law; Maritime Law; Law of Carriage by Sea; Marine Insurance; Law of Port & Harbor; Customs and Forwarding; International Shipbroking and Chartering; Business of Port; Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship; International Shipping Business; and Industrial Training.
- Diploma in Maritime Occupational Safety and Health (2.5 years): The maritime OSH plays crucial role in both commercial value, throughout offshore and on-shore, and global sustainability. This course was developed based on the information obtained from the industries. Based on surveys conducted prior to the development of the course, NMIT had determined the requirements that are crucial for the industries in the context of OSH.
- Professional Qualifying Examination (PQE Maritime Logistics): The PQE Maritime Logistics is a 18 months program conducted by Netherlands Maritime Institute of Technology (NMIT) in collaboration with the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Malaysia (CILTM). Successful participants will be awarded the PQE leading to Chartered membership from Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport International.
Bachelors Degree Program
- Bachelor in Maritime & Logistics (Honos): This program focuses on the maritime transportation sector and logistics management emphasizing on shipping, ports and marine management including port pricing and maritime transportation policies. The goal is to improve competitiveness, in particular to the developing economies, ultimately promoting and facilitating world trade in maritime transportation and logistics.
- Port Marine Safety
- Reporting & Investigation Marine Incidents
- Port Emergence Response Management
- Port HSES & Operational Audit
- Port & Ship ISPS Code
- Port PMS
- Port Bunkering Operation & Management
- Shipping Practices & Documentation
- Shipping Operation & Management
- Carriage of Good by Sea
- Bill of Lading Function & Application
- Legal Principles in Shipping Business
- Ship Dry Docking Planning & Preparation
- Shipping Charter Parties Agreement
OIL & GAS
- Offshore Leadership & Management
- Offshore Emergency Response
- Advance Fire Prevention & Risk Management
- Subsea Pipeline Installation
- Heavy Structure Installation
- Pipelines Pre- & De-commissioning
- Hook up & commissioning
- Safety & Health Committee Training
- Work Place Safety Promoter & Inspector
- Mechanical Lifting & Rigging
- Emergency Response Management
- Confined Space Entry
- HSE Internal Auditor Training
- HSE Management System