Boating & U.S. Coast Guard Certification, Transportation, Distribution & Logistics Continuing Education Programs
Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) is an accredited community college located in Baltimore County, Maryland, with three campuses and two extension centers. CCBC has over 100 associates degrees and certificate programs in a wide range of areas. The annual enrollment exceeds 72,000 students, most of who live in surrounding communities and international students from more than 55 countries. Baltimore is a major port city in Maryland with a mild climate and easy access to major destinations on the East Coast: Washington DC, Philadelphia and New York City.
CCBC School of Continuing Education helps career-building options that include intensive training classes in fields as diverse as technology, health, construction, manufacturing, education, security and business, as well as apprenticeship and licensure programs. You can upgrade your job skills, learn a trade, and earn in-demand professional certifications with classes starting when you need them at one of CCBC’s campuses and other convenient locations throughout Baltimore County
The Community College of Baltimore County is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Boating Certification Course meets the certification requirements of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources Police. The Captain's Licensing Courses are approved by the US Coast Guard.
Continuing Education Programs
- US Coast Guard Captain's Licensing Courses: This comprehensive review covers all aspects of the commercial operation of Coast Guard-inspected passenger carrying vessels. Topics include rules of the road, deck general and safety, chart reading, plotting, T-Boat regulations, watch-keeping, trim and stability, and ship construction. (Testing done on campus)
- Maryland Basic Boating Certification Course: Meet the certification requirements of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources Police through classroom instruction in basic boating. Discuss types of vessels, navigational aids, marine weather, regulations, emergency situations, personal watercraft and maneuvering.
Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
- Certified Logistics Technician (CL-T) and Certified Logistics Associate (CL-A): These courses train students to the standards set by the Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) and teach them to be productive, value-added logistics employees. The MSSC credentials are fully transportable.
- Supply Chain Management Certificate: This course is designed for experienced supply chain workers. After completing this 36-hour course, students will be prepared to sit for the CPSM credentialing exam administered by the Institute of Supply Management.
- Supply Chain Management Fundamentals (6 weeks online; approximately 24 hours of coursework)
- Distribution and Logistics Management (6 weeks online; approximately 24 hours of coursework)
- Six Sigma - Total Quality Fundamentals (6 weeks online ; approximately 24 hours of coursework)
- Warehousing - Facility Management Professional (FMP)
- Warehousing - Sustainable Facility Professional (SFP)
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 4, 2017