Translate to Your Language
Maritime Joint Masters & Reserach Programs in English and, Nautical Science, Marine Technology & Marine Engineering Programs in Haugesund, Norway
Established in 2017 after a merger of Bergen University College, Sogn og Fjordane University College and Stord/Haugesund University College, Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL) is one of the largest higher education institutions in Norway. With over 16,000 students and 1,400 staff, HVL offers a broad range of academic programs at Bachelors, Masters and PhD levels.
HVL campuses are located at Bergen, Førde, Haugesund, Sogndal and Stord with its main campus in the Kronstad neighborhood of Bergen, Norway. Western Norway University of Applied Sciences provides professional education within health and social sciences, engineering, economic and administrative science, music and teaching.
Haugesund campus is a good destination for students who are looking for the total study experience; quality teaching combined with a lot of options for an active life outside of the lecture theatres. Sports, the outdoors and culture are keywords for any student in Haugesund. As a student you can join our student organizations.
Masters Degree Program (English)
- Master in Maritime Operations (Campus Haugesund): This program is a joint master study program between The Western Norway University of Applied Sciences and the University of Applied Sciences Hochschule Emden/Leer. The program takes 4 semesters. The first semester is compulsory in Haugesund (Norway) and the second semester compulsory in Leer (Germany). The lectures are all given in English. The two partner institutions provide each one profile that can be elected in the third semester.
- The study program sets out to cover maritime operations, with ship technology and management as supporting framework. The Maritime Operations program combines the nautical domain with its focus on operational and organizational aspects with the engineering domain, which focuses on the technical aspects, as well as managerial aspects related to the operational perspective.
- The general admission requirement is relevant bachelor's degree with 80 ECTS credits specialization in technical and / or nautical courses, or equivalent professional education.
PhD Program (English)
- PhD in Nautical Operations: The doctoral program trains qualified candidates for research, teaching, dissemination and innovation work and other activities where there is a requirement for scientific insight and an operational maritime focus. The doctoral program in Nautical Operations is a joint degree between University College of Southeast Norway (HSN), Western Norway University of Applied Sciences (HVL), Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Ålesund (NTNU), and Arctic University of Norway (UiT).
Programs in Norwegian
- Bachelors Degree in Marine Engineering
- Bachelors Degree in Nautical Science
- Masters Degree in Maritime Technology