Shipping Management, Logistics & Supply Chain Management and Ocean Industries Education at BI Norwegian, Oslo
BI Norwegian Business School is a private, independent, specialized university institution with a total of six study locations in Norway, Bergen, Trondheim, Stavanger, Kristiansand, and Drammen. BI is one of Europe’s largest business schools with around 20,000 students and 340 permanent faculty.
Also BI is the largest supplier of economic and administrative competence and skills in Norway with more than 200,000 graduates since 1983. BI Norwegian Business School is the only Norwegian business school that has received the three most prestigious international accreditations - Triple Crown.
BI Norwegian Business School has organized its academic activities in eight separate research departments covering all of the disciplines that can be expected at a modern European business school. BI faculty cooperate extensively internationally and BI has student exchange agreements with more than 170 institutions in 45 different countries. This gives BI’s students excellent opportunities to obtain international experiences and to experience intercultural learning.
BI develops and delivers custom-made courses and programs for a number of specific industries and organizations in the public and private sectors.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - Shipping Management Specilization (English, 3 years, Full-time): Norway is one of the leading shipping nations in the world and BI has along tradition of teaching and doing research in the shipping area. The program will enable you to help interact with and learn from an international group of fellow students with diverse cultural backgrounds; develop analytical and strategic skills related to commercial, financial and organizational opportunities / challenges in the shipping industry; write a bachelor thesis in close cooperation with companies in the shipping and offshore industries and the cluster companies surrounding these global industries; and get acquainted with the Norwegian shipping environment and get access to exciting and surprisingly versatile job opportunities in an international industry. The program is taught entirely in English
- MSc in Business with Major in Supply Chain and Operations Management (English, 2 years, Full time): Digitalization, globalization, climate change, increasing cost pressure, and customer demands require companies to work with their partners to develop optimal supply chains. Operations and supply chain management are among the competencies most needed in almost all industries, including manufacturing, retail, health, and consultancy. You will learn a mix of strategic, organizational and operational tools used in risk management, planning and scheduling, partnership development, and reverse logistics set-up.
- Executive Master of Management in Energy (English, 18 months, Part-time): The Executive Master of Management in Energy lasts for 18 months, including five two-week modules in Paris and Oslo. This structure allows you to undertake executive studies while continuing to work full time. Energy core courses respond to the significant changes in the industry due to growing demand for energy, sustainable development and green transition across the world. You will also participate in a consultancy project, a practical team work exploring real-life business challenges.
BI Norwegian Scholarships
For Bachelor applicants
- BBA Scholarships
- BBA IB Scholarship
For Master of Science applicants
- BI Presidential Scholarships
- Master of Science International Scholarships
- A. Wilhelmsen Foundation Scholarship
- BI Norwegian Business School / QS Scholarship