Degree and Technical Certificate Programs in Supply Chain Management in Dayton & Mason in Ohio and Online
Sinclair College is named one of 12 Vanguard Learning Colleges in the nation; An active board member college in the League for Innovation in the Community College and recognized as having the lowest tuition of any two or four-year college/ university in the state of Ohio. Fourteen Sinclair students named to the All-USA Academic Team for community and junior colleges.
Founded in 1887 as part of the Dayton YMCA; became Sinclair College in 1948 and Sinclair Community College in 1966; and relocated to current Dayton campus in 1972. Sinclair's student/faculty ratio of 19 to 1, among the lowest at Ohio's colleges, allows students to receive more individual attention.
Sinclair offers a wide range of academic programs leading toward an associate degree, certificate or transfer to a four-year institution. Not only are there an amazing number of fields to study here, the counselors in career services will help you find the path that meets your personal goals, while complementing the things you love most.
- AAS in Business Management - Supply Chain Management (SCM) concentration (Dayton, Mason & Online): This program provides a broad-based study of organizational strategic plans, resources, roles, responsibilities, and functions, while also focusing on management of Supply Chain activities. This study involves consideration and application of processes to develop coordinated supplier-to-consumer systems, including: identifying needs for raw materials, supplies, and components; developing specifications; computing quantity requirements; selecting sources and negotiating agreements; acquiring, transporting, and storing inventory; managing and maintaining operations; and logistics management. SCM specialists have opportunities for management positions at all levels in virtually every type of business, throughout small and medium-sized businesses, corporations, industries, non-profit organizations, and government agencies.
Technical Certificate Program
- One-year Technical Certificate in Supply Chain Management (SCM) (Dayton, Mason & Online): With this certificate program, students gain a basic understanding of Supply Chain Management (SCM) processes to prepare them for an SCM position or to update the skills of those currently employed in an SCM role.There are total of 48-49 Total Credit Hours involved in this certificate program. By obtaining a certificate in SCM, you are better prepared in a wide variety of positions such as Fleet Manager, Warehouse Manager, Inventory Analyst, Procurement Manager, Production Supervisor, and Customer Service Manager in health care, government, manufacturing and distribution organizations.
Sinclair College Features
The Sinclair Foundation was established in 1969 to keep higher education accessible to Miami Valley residents and to help Sinclair remain among the nation’s leading community colleges. The Sinclair Foundation provides over million each year in support of scholarships and college programs and is a significant source of support for innovative concepts and educational enrichment opportunities.
- Campus: Sinclair main campus is located at Dayton, Ohio, western edge of downtown Dayton, adjacent to Interstate 75. Englewood, Huber Heights, Preble County/Eaton and Courseview/Mason are additional campus locations. Also, there are 42 off-campus locations throughout Montgomery and surrounding counties.
- Accreditation: Sinclair is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and Sinclair is also a member of the Ohio Association of Community Colleges. The AAS program is fully accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Learning Communities: This new program ties two or three courses, scheduled together, involving two or three instructors to facilitate learning. This type program increases learning and pass rates.
- Transfer: Sinclair has established more than 100 transfer agreements to assist students in transferring to other colleges.
- Faculty: Sinclair faculty are consistently awarded for their teaching excellence.
- Study Abroad: In addition to the many opportunities you’ll have to study abroad and Other than the semester and summer programs, FSB also offers a winter break program in Southeast Asia as well as a May program in Costa Rica. Nearly 60% of all Farmer School of Business students study abroad.
- Online Education: Sinclair is the largest regional provider of online education, with more than 180 different online courses.
- Internship Option: Business Management Supply Chain Management Concentration students have the option to participate in the Internship program to earn credit hours in a work based setting. Interns perform entry level tasks related to the skills and competencies developed in the classroom; the experience exposes them to the basic elements of the career field. Students already performing Business Management Supply Chain Management Concentration work may apply to use their current work site with new duty or project assignments.