What is your Language? (Select to translate)
Operations and Supply Chain Management Education at the College of Business & Innovation
The University of Toledo is one of 13 state universities in Ohio. It was were established in 1872 and became a member of the state university system in 1967. The University of Toledo and the Medical University of Ohio merged July 2006 to form the third-largest public university operating budget in the state. UT is a student-centered, public metropolitan research university with 23,000 students and picturesque campuses recognized nationally for its beauty.
UT researchers are working at all levels - from undergraduates to faculty - toward the mission of improving the human condition. In fact, their combined, efforts have led to 125 patents and nearly million in funding and grants. Whether your interest is diabetes, performance management, bio-fuels, or Shakespeare you can find many programs running in the campus.
Established in 1930, the College of Business and Innovation of The University of Toledo is among the diverse economic activities in metropolitan Toledo in retailing, financial services, and both large and small manufacturing firms. The Port of Toledo and many other enterprises makes Toledo an ideal place for the study of business. Students can obtain practical experience through University and department-sponsored internships.
- BBA in Supply Chain Management: The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) undergraduate curriculum includes a broad liberal arts background, a general core of business courses, and a specific area of specialization. UT is one of few universities that offer a supply chain management major. The management department works with information systems, operations, marketing, sales and international business to give students a wide range of knowledge. Students can gain real-world experience through numerous internship opportunities that often lead to full-time positions. This lets students work with accomplished professionals in the supply chain management field while earning college credit and money.
- MBA with Operations and Supply Chain Management Major: The program is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). The Foundation Courses (18 credits) consist of introductory graduate level business courses, and can be waived for students who earned a C or better in equivalent undergraduate courses. Any of the foundation courses not waived upon admittance and enrollment in the MBA program must be taken at the graduate level. All MBA students must complete a minimum of 3 electives (9 credit hours). You can select any combination of electives and earn your MBA in Administration, or you can major in an area by taking the required electives outlined for that particular major. It is possible for MBA students to earn up to two majors.
UNIVERSITY of Toledo Features
The University of Toledo is on a mission to make college affordable for everyone, as part of the UT Guarantee. Some of the scholarships are - Blue and Gold Scholar Award: Full-tuition and general-fees scholarships, after other aid, for eligible students attending a high school in Ohio or Monroe County, Michigan. And it's good for all four years of college ; Rocket Scholar Award: From ,500 to full tuition for students in Ohio and Monroe County, Michigan, factoring in academic achievement, school curriculum and financial need; Tower Scholar Award: Covers the out-of-state surcharge for students outside of Ohio or Monroe County, Michigan. This makes UT just as affordable as in-state schools; Transfer Scholarships: Thousands of dollars are available to help you complete your degree at The University of Toledo.
- Campus: Located at Toledo, the main Campus features nine modern residence halls, a gothic bell tower, a Student Recreation Center, a state-of-the-art classroom center in one of the original buildings. Centennial Mall, the picturesque lawn area in the heart of campus, is one of the "100 most beautifully landscaped places in the country," according to the American Society of Landscape Architects. Only 22 college campuses are on the list.
- Accreditation: The University of Toledo is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association. The University of Toledo College of Business and Innovation has two undergraduate programs fully accredited at the undergraduate level by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). These include the bachelor of business administration (BBA) and the bachelor of science in information technology (BSIT). In addition, the graduate programs are accredited by the AACSB.
- Study Abroad: Study Abroad programs collaborates with the many departments and colleges at The University in creating and administering study-abroad opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. Activities range from short-term summer or faculty-led, inter-term study programs to semester- or year-long (exchange) programs in a host of countries.
- Study Away - National Student Exchange: National Student Exchange provides affordable and practical opportunities for students enrolled at member campuses to study and live in a new location. Study Away and you'll find the experience culturally enriching, academically rewarding, and one of the most significant experiences of your undergraduate education.
- Washington Center Internships:The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars (TWC) offers University of Toledo students a unique life experience. Qualified students have the opportunity to work in several different fields in private, public, and nonprofit organizations in Washington DC.
- Career Services: Career Services offer resources and strategies for choosing a college major, developing career plans, preparing for a job search and interview, finding on– and off-campus part-time jobs, and identifying internships and full-time career positions. They also have one of the most comprehensive career libraries on campus as well as an alumni contact network.
- Camp Adventure: : Camp Adventure provides an extraordinary opportunity for college students to participate in a valuable service learning experience with a wide array of opportunities to serve children and youth, at military bases around the world.
Last updated: Mov 9, 2017