USCG, IMO and STCW Compliant Maritime Security and Auditor Programs in Ashburn VA, Online and In-house
Founded in 1986, Quality Management International Inc (QMII) is one of the original management systems consulting firms and provides training, auditing and consulting services to empower organizations to continually improve their performance using their Process-based Management Systems. QMII has served different industries including maritime, energy, manufacturing, transportation, engineering, and education among others.
Whether your goal is system certification, jump-starting your organization's continual improvement process, advancing your personal credentials or simply learning about applied process and systems thinking, QMII offers training that will fulfill your objectives. The training focuses on developing process-based management systems (PBMS) and continually improving management systems.
QMII’s 30 years plus experience helping companies focus on process and system management is the basis for the unique and recognized maritime training. As part of the maritime services QMII also offers and facilitate - Annual Security Exercises for ISPS; Security Exercises Combined w/ Pollution Control for ISPS; Safety, Security and Pollution Control for Top Management and Vessel Command Teams; and Emergency Response for Vessel Command Teams and Company Emergency Response Teams.
Maritime Security Courses
- VSO / CSO / PFSO (USCG / LISCR Approved) (3 days): This three-day course for Vessel, Company and Port Facility Security Officers is certified by USCG and complies with the guidelines for Maritime Security Training Course providers as per Federal Register February 8, 2005 (Volume 70, Number 25) and meets the requirements of MTSA of 2002, USCG Regulations, ISPS Code and Course requirements for VSO, CSO & PFSO as per MTSA. This course is also certified by the Liberian Ship Registry (LISCR) as meeting the requirements for SSO training.
- ISM Auditor (2 days): The ISM Code requires establishment of safeguards to ensure mitigation of risks in safety and pollution in shipboard operations. The Code places responsibility for this squarely on the companies charged with the ship's management.
- ISPS Auditor (3 days): The ISPS Code requires establishment of ship and port facility security plans. The Code places responsibility for the ship security squarely on the companies charged with the ship's management. This course covers the requirements of ISPS Code.
- Designated Person (DP) Training (2 days): This intensive training will meet the IMO guidance per circular MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.8 and MSC-MEPC.7/Circ.6. With nearly 50% hands-on workshops, you will learn how to apply the knowledge gained to real life situations. Upon passing this course, participants will be issued with a certificate of successful completion indicating the course was conducted per IMO guidelines.
- VPSSD/PFSSD (1 day): This USCG approved course satisfies the requirements for personnel seeking VPSSD/PFSSD endorsements. The training is based on real life situations, with workshops designed to offer practical experience and preparation for maritime security duties. You will learn valuable skills to apply on board and ashore to improve maritime security.
Other Training Programs
- Management System
- ISO 9001 - Quality
- ISO 14001 - Environment
- AS 9100 / AS9110 - Aerospace
- ISO 13485 - Medical Devices
- ISO 45001 Health & Safety
- ISO 28000 - Supply Chain Security
- ISO 17025 - Laboratory
- IATF 16949 - Automotive
- Leadership & Team Building
- TPECS Modules
- Ship Expert Enterprise (SEE)
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 16, 2019