Maritime Security Specialist and Military Sealift Command (MSC) Training Programs for the Marine Industry
Established in 2000 and headquartered in Virginia Beach Virginia, Trident Group provides industry leading security solutions to public and private sector clients around the world. It provides Vulnerability Assessments to ports and maritime service facilities – handling sensitive materials, such as Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Propane Gas. To date, Trident Group has helped to secure more than million in assistance from the Maritime Administration (MARAD) and other Federal maritime entities.
The Trident Group has over 30 years of combined training experience and operational knowledge to bring the customers. Operational experience, unique training areas and effective Instructors provides each student with a learning environment in the industry.
- MSS Course - Maritime Security Specialist Course (5 days): This USCG certified course was developed by former US Navy Seals and upon completion of this course the student will possess the necessary skill sets to work as a Maritime Security Specialist for the Maritime Industry.
- MS/VBSS - Maritime Security / Visit Board Search Seizure (5 days): This Law Enforcement & Government Agencies Only course was developed by former US Navy SEALs & SWAT operators and covers Vessel Interdiction Concepts, Climb / Climb Security / Scenario Development, Vessel Movement Process, GA Plan Review/Op Plan Development, VBSS/Vessel Clearance, Night Interdiction and VBSS operations.
- VSO - Vessel Security Officer (3 days): This course aims to provide the knowledge and the appropriate skills to those that may be designated to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Vessel Security Officer (VSO).
Military Sealift Command (MSC) Courses
- Shipboard Security Tactics - SRF Training: The student will learn how to move tactically and efficiently as a team member of the vessels security team. They will learn hand signals, communications, movements, threat recognition, and conduct scenario based training.
- Basic Watch Stander Course: The student will learn the responsibilities as the vessels watch stander, what the chain of command is, understanding of what equipment is available and how to use it, and basic security awareness.
- Advanced Watch Stander Course: The student will be taught and must demonstrate the skills and use of the expandable baton, handcuffing as well as the use of Mechanical Advantage Control Holds.