USCG Approved Captains and Masters Classes, Navigation Classes & Simulator Labs, Marine Radio Operator Permit Class & FCC Exam, and Private On Water Training in Vienna, VA
Located at Vienna VA, National Seafarers Academy is a USCG approved independently owned and operated organization and offers a wide variety of maritime training and services. National Seafarers Academy is a member school of the Maritime Education Standards Council (MESC) which is an organization of maritime training schools that offer USCG approved courses. MESC provides professional mariners with quality educational experience that meets and in many cases exceeds the criteria the Coast Guard requires for schools offering approved courses.
The academy offers instructor-led classes for captain’s license programs, License Renewal, and more. Navigation Classes & Simulator Labs include Electronic Charting, Voyage Planning & Practical Marine Radar classes using in Plotting and Radar Simulators. FCC Exams & Ship Inspections include classes and tests & ship inspections for FCC certification. Other services include delivery captain, on-water instruction, diving services, and boat charter.
Other than the above, they are currently in the eleventh season as a relief captain of a 670 passenger dinner cruise vessel, safely navigating under the historic bridges of the Potomac River; currently in the fifth season as a relief captain of local DC tour vessel carrying up tp 230 passengers; and served as a relief captain of a historically significant Trumpy.
USCG Approved Classes
- OUPV - Captains License (Near-Coastal/Inland) (56 hours)
- Upgrade OUPV to 100ton Master (Near-Coastal/Inland) (24 hours)
- Upgrade 100ton Master to 200ton Master (Near-Coastal/Inland) (24 hours)
- License Renewal (OUPV & 100ton Master) Near-Coastal/Inland (8 hours)
- License Renewal (Not More than 200 Tons) Near-Coastal/Inland (9 hours)
- Increase in Scope (Inland to Near-Coastal) (21 hours)
- Rules of the Road (International & Inland) (20 hours)
- Commercial Assistance Towing Endorsement (4 hours)
- USCG Auxiliary Sailing Endorsement (4 hours)
- Online Captains Classes
Navigation Classes & Simulator Labs
- Practical Marine Radar Class and Simulator (8 hours): This course is designed to show practical uses of marine Radar for Piloting, Chart Navigation and Collision Avoidance. Both professional Captains and recreational boaters will gain knowledge in practical Radar techniques using simple procedures.
- Electronic Charting, Voyage Planning and Simulator (8 hours): This class is designed for both professional Captains and recreational boaters to gain knowledge in safe voyage planning and electronic chart navigation. Students will receive instructor lead classroom presentation and hands-on electronic charting techniques using Rose Point's Coastal Explorer.
- Marine Radio Operator Permit Class & FCC Exam: This class is designed to learn VHF and HF radio operations and regulations for the Small Passenger Vessel industry. This class will also prepare you to take and pass the FCC Element 1 exam which will earn you a FCC Marine Radio Operator Permit (MROP) which is required for most inspected SPVs.
Other Training Programs
- On Water Training (day/night): You can schedule an on water training session on your boat for navigation (day/night), rules of the road, boat handling, etc.
LAST UPDATED ON Dec 2, 2022