USCG Approved Captains License Classes and Online Programs & Endorsement in San Francisco Bay Area
Founded in 2003, CQuest Marine is a USCG approved Captain's license school located in San Francisco Bay area in California. The students need not take the USCG test for the license and instead present CQuest Marine certificate to the Coast Guard. The Coast Guard also has granted the approval to CQuest Marine to conduct all of the Captain's License Classes in an online format. These course are live online face-to-face by webcam classes with an instructor and five students at a time on a secure platform.
Approximately 90% of the class will be conducted online but exams must be taken in person. That means you can sit in front of your computer, in the comfort of your home or office and take your Captain's License class via webcam.
USCG Approved Programs
- Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels or Six-Pack: The OUPV license is for uninspected passenger vessels 100 tons or less which are limited to six or less passengers for hire. This is a 56 hour class.
- Master up to 100 Tons: The Master's license is for operating small passenger vessels carrying more than six passengers for hire. The upgrade is a 24 hour class.
- Master up to 100 Upgrade: The upgrade is a 24 hour class.
- Assistance Towing Endorsement: An assistance towing endorsement on a license as master or operator authorizes the holder to engage in assistance towing on any vessel within the scope of the license. This is a 4 hour class.
- Auxiliary Sail Endorsement: In order to obtain an endorsement on a Master's License for sail or auxiliary sail vessels, the applicant must submit evidence of 12 months of sea service on sail or auxiliary sail vessels. This is a 4 hour class.
- Online Captains License: The course material is presented just as if we were in a classroom together but by sharing a computer screen instead.
- FCC Radio License Exams: CQuest Marine is a designated examiners for Elkins Training Company
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 16, 2019