Pick Your Language (Translate)
Professional Marine and Offshore Training Courses Approved by USCG, FCC And Others in Santa Rosa CA
Established in 1952, Elkins Marine Training International (EMTI), as part of the Elkins group, provides training and consultancy to the shipping and offshore industries worldwide. EMTI has helped thousands of professional mariners, offering courses approved by the United States Coast Guard or other appropriate certifying bodies in compliance with IMO/STCW.
With courses and certificates recognized by various maritime administrations around the world, EMTI works with selected local partners in numerous international sites. EMTI also offers expert marine consultancy to government agencies, shipping companies and other organizations, and specializes in maritime security.
EMTI offers a broad range of courses for the diverse Marine and Offshore sectors. The school provides specialized training, as well as fully compliant courses in accordance with the guidelines of the International Maritime Organization’s (IMO) Standards for Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW), International Safety Management (ISM) Code, and International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS). Where appropriate, the courses are approved by various internationally certifying bodies, such as the United States Coast Guard (USCG), Det Norske Veritas (DNV), United States Maritime Administration (MARAD), United States Navy (USN) and Military Sealift Command (MSC).
- Advanced Firefighting
- Bridge Resource Management
- Electronic Chart Display Information System (ECDIS)
- General Radiotelephone Operator License w/Radar Endorsement (GROL)
- GMDSS Radio Maintainer (FCC & STCW) including GROL w/ Radar plus IMO Proficiencies & Competencies Practical certification
- GMDSS Radio Maintainer (FCC Only) including GROL w/Radar
- GMDSS Radio Operator
- Marine Radio Operator Permit (MROP)
- Medical First Aid Provider
- Proficiency in Survival Craft (Lifeboatman)
- STCW Basic Safety Training PSSR, PST, BFF & FA/CPR
- Vessel/Company/Facility Security O fficer (VSO/CSO/FSO)
- Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT)
- Fiber to the Antenna (FTTA) including CFOT
- Radio Officer / Electronics Officer Academy
- Radiotelegraph Operator (T) License (FCC Elem 6)
- Solar/Photovoltaic (PV) Installation
Last updated Oct 12, 2018