Translate to Your Language
Supply Chain Management and International Trade Education in Melbourne and Online
Deakin University is an Australian public university and was established in 1974 as one of the new generation of Australian universities. Deakin is one of Australia's largest universities, with more than 39,000 students. Deakin combines a university's traditional focus on excellent teaching and research with a desire to seek new ways of developing and delivering courses. It received more than A million in research income in 2009.
Deakin maintains close links with government, leading corporations and professional associations, ensuring that the courses are relevant, practical and deliver the skills in demand. Deakin has won several awards for its teaching and learning excellence - testament to its excellent facilities, flexible study options and courses which are informed by industry professionals.
The Deakin Graduate School of Business (DGSB) offers highly rated and well-respected programs at Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters levels in Business Administration, International Business, Commerce, Marketing, Personal Injury Management, and Insurance and Risk Management, plus a Doctoral program in Business Administration as well as Masters and PhD degrees by research.
- Bachelor of Commerce in International Trade and Business (Melbourne & Online, 3 years FT or PT): Gain the skills, knowledge and expertise to excel in a growing and changing global environment. From marketing and strategy through to international relations and law, a career in international trade and business could take you anywhere in the world.
- MBA with eBusiness and Supply Chain Management Specialization (Melbourne & Online, 1.5 years FT or PT): This specialization of our Master of Business Administration (MBA) examines how organizations leverage social networks, virtual worlds and web 2.0 applications. As a graduate you may find employment in areas such as financial planning, corporate governance, human resource management, marketing and a range of other areas.
Scholastic excellence, top quality research and industry partnerships are hallmarks of Deakin University. From the campuses in Melbourne, Geelong and Warrnambool, Deakin offers degrees designed for employment, ensuring the graduates are job-ready and in demand. Many of the courses are accredited with professional associations and have internship or work-placement options - giving a practical relevance to your degree. Also Deakin University has formed international partnerships with educational and professional institutions/organizations in a number of countries around the world. These partnerships enable students who meet Deakin's entry criteria to undertake specific Deakin University courses in their home country.
- Campus: Deakin University has four campuses - one in Melbourne's eastern suburbs, two in the port city of Geelong just south of Melbourne, and one in Warrnambool on the south-west coast of Victoria. Each has distinctive character and a strong presence in the local community.
- Accreditation: Deakin University is a commissioned Victorian public university. Its establishment was the result of the commissioning of the Ramsay Committee, which was created by the State Government of Victoria and the Federal Government of Australia. Many of its programs are accredited by professional organizations.
- Flexible Learning: Deakin's courses are flexible so you can tailor your degree to match your career goals. Off-campus, online or part-time study options give you plenty of options to choose how to structure your course.
- International Focus: The students come from all over the world and can study on every continent via study abroad and exchange programs. These programs enable Deakin students to become global citizens and develop a richer cultural perspective.
- Postgraduate Internship: To further enhance its range of postgraduate units, the Deakin Graduate School of Business has the postgraduate internship program. This program offers innovative experiential learning and upon successful completion provides one credit point of study.
- Careers and Jobshop: For students, this service helps identify and achieve employment and career goals and to undertake ongoing career management. For employers, the service fosters relationships between employers, Deakin University and the students to meet recruitment needs.
- Housing: On campus student accommodation is available on the Melbourne Burwood Campus, Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus and Warrnambool Campus. Designed with the needs of rural, regional, interstate and international students in mind, the residences provide a safe and supportive environment particularly suited to first year students who have not previously lived away from home.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 24, 2017