Translate to Your Language
Supply Chain Management Education in Menbourne, Australia
Founded in 1958, Monash University is a world class public university located in Melbourne, Australia. Monash is the second oldest university in the state and a member of Australia's Group of Eight and the ASAIHL. The university continues to be ranked amongst the world’s (top 1%) leading and most prestigious universities.
With nearly 60,000 students distributed over eight campuses, including Malaysia and South Africa, the university is the largest in Australia with an academic staff of over 8,000. It also has more applicants than any university in the state of Victoria.
As division of Australia’s most international university, the Faculty of Business and Economics is a key part of a major research university - a member of the prestigious Group of Eight – in which research and scholarship of the highest order underpin all the endeavors. The faculty has over 4,000 students from over 100 countries studying across a wide variety of graduate programs – including the highly ranked MBA and prestigious research degrees.
Monash University provides innovative engineering research solutions and offers a wide range of undergraduate engineering degrees. The Faculty of Engineering is renowned worldwide for the quality of the teaching and strength in engineering research.
Masters Expert Degree Programs
- Master of Business in Supply Chain Management (Caulfield Campus - 1, 1.5 or 2 years full-time depending on prior qualifications): This specialization develops students' capacity to design and optimize supply chains, and to manage them to achieve strategic business outcomes. Supply chain management enhances students' skills and knowledge in innovation and improvement, business optimization, services and operations management, and sustainable operations management. The specialization prepares students for careers in supply chain management roles in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
Masters Degree Entry Requirements
- Entry level 1 with Duration - 2 years full-time, 4 years part-time: Applicants must have completed an Australian bachelor degree or an equivalent qualification, or an approved pathway and achieved a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 55% or an equivalent GPA as determined by the Faculty. Applicants will be ranked and selected based on their entire academic record.
- Entry level 2 with Duration - 1.5 years full-time, 3 years part-time: Applicants must have completed an Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a cognate discipline with at least credit (55%) average, or qualification/ experience or satisfactory substitute that the faculty considers to be equivalent. OR a four-year Australian undergraduate honours degree (or equivalent) with at least credit (55%) average, or qualification/experience or satisfactory substitute that the faculty considers to be equivalent.
- Entry level 3 with Duration - 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time: Applicants must have completed an Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) and an Australian graduate certificate (or equivalent) in a cognate discipline with at least credit (55%) average in both qualifications, or qualification/experience or satisfactory substitute that the faculty considers to be equivalent. OR applicants must have completed an Australian undergraduate honours degree (or equivalent) in a cognate discipline including with at least credit (55%) average, or qualification/ experience or satisfactory substitute that the faculty considers to be equivalent.
Monash University has established an enviable reputation for teaching and research excellence across the business and engineering disciplines. This reputation is built on the innovative and progressive approach to program delivery, and the strong links forged with commerce and industry, both in Australia and overseas, making Monash degrees truly international and enabling graduates to work around the world. To maintain this standard, unit evaluations are undertaken subsequent to every unit offering. The programs offer real flexibility. You can choose to study on or off-campus; during the daytime or in the evening; you can accelerate your progress by studying in summer or winter semesters and you may also elect to study units online.
- Campus: Monash University has six Australian campuses, campuses in Malaysia and South Africa, and centers in Prato, Italy and Mumbai India. All six Australian campuses are located in and around Melbourne. The modern, attractive South African campus is situated on a secure 247 acre site in Ruimsig, north-west of central Johannesburg. Located 11 miles from central Kuala Lumpur, the Sunway campus is Malaysia has a vibrant, global atmosphere - about one quarter of the student body is international.
- Accreditation: Monash University is an Australian public university. The faculty of Business & Economics has been awarded international business school accreditation by the Brussels-based European Quality Improvement System, EQUIS.
- Career Events: As a Monash student or graduate, you can attend a wide range of careers events and programs held throughout the year. Career seminars help you learn the skills to find and apply for jobs. Fairs are large, expo style events with stalls set up by employers to meet students and provide recruitment information. Forums involve panel discussions from industry professionals and provide students with the opportunity to ask questions. Regular information sessions are presented by employers looking to hire Monash students and graduates.
- Professional Pathways Australia: Professional Pathways Australia (A division of Monash) organizes internships in Australia for international students and graduates. These internships are custom-designed in a large range of fields. In addition to these internships in Australia, Professional Pathways Australia offers internships for Australian students and graduates in a range of overseas destinations.
- International Exchange Program: With 130 exchange partner universities in 30 different countries, there are many opportunities to spend one or two semesters overseas as part of your Monash degree. While you are overseas on the exchange program you will remain enrolled at Monash and receive credit for your overseas study towards your Monash degree and pay your normal fees.
- Institute of Transport Studies (Monash): ITS (Monash) conducts transport related research in the fields of transport technology, travel behavior, road safety and transport/traffic engineering. The Institute also has an extensive program of related activities including publications, participation at conferences, software development and links to other leading transport research institutes.
- Housing: Monash Residential Services offers accommodation in shared residential halls and colleges with and without catering. You can also live in self-contained, self-catered units. Off-campus living options include: Private rentals; Specialized student apartments; and Homestay Accommodation Services
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 25, 2017