Logistics and Supply Chain Management Education at Swinburne Business School, Melbourne
Founded in 1908 and achieved university status in 1992, Swinburne University of Technology is an Australian public university offering higher education degrees and based in Melbourne, Victoria. In 2016, Swinburne was ranked as the 61st top university in the world under 50 years old by Times Higher Education. Swinburne was recognized for the third time in the QS Top 100 Under 50 in 2017.
With over 16,000 students enrolled in Higher education including nearly 7000 international students from 100 different countries, Swinburne has five campuses in Melbourne at Croydon, Hawthorn, Lilydale, Prahran, Wantirna - and one in Sarawak, Malaysia.
The students can take an Industry-Based Learning program as part of their course or do an exchange program with one of more than 60 institutes around the world. Swinburne collaborates with industry in the commercialization of major research projects. The university also delivers customized training to more than 170 businesses and organizations.
Bachelor Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Business with Major in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (3 years FT & also PT): The Bachelor of Business is designed to equip students with core skills and knowledge in business, management and operations to prepare them for roles in modern organizations. Gain the skills required to tackle contemporary supply chain issues. Develop skills in procurement, operations and risk management, and dealing with suppliers. Discover the principles of effective transport, storage and distribution as you learn how to strategically view how businesses operate on a global scale
- Bachelor of Business (Professional) with Major in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (4 years): The Bachelor of Business (Professional) offers students a guaranteed 12-month paid professional work placement - benefit from Swinburne’s unique industry partnerships, gain invaluable full-time work experience and earn credit towards your degree.
- Bachelor Degree Double Major Programs: Bachelor of Business with Major in Logistics and Supply Chain Management & any other Bachelor degree program at Swinburne - 4 years full-time or equivalent part-time.
Postgraduate Degree Programs
- Graduate Certificate of Supply Chain Innovation (6 months FT or PT): You’ll learn the skills needed to forge your career in supply chain management – covering a range of topics including innovation, big data and a developed understanding of the challenges a world dependent on supply and demand brings.
- Graduate Diploma of Supply Chain Innovation (1 year FT or equivalent PT): Develop a creative eye, embrace the use of big data in logistics, and acquire the skills needed to stay agile in the world of supply and demand. To top it all off, you’ll also learn how to protect these skills with an understanding of learning management and professional development in the field.
- Master of Supply Chain Innovation (1.5 years FT or equivalent PT): The Master of Supply Chain Innovation invites students to think innovatively about the supply chain management industry - offering a unique blend of creative thinking skills, while drawing on the theory of business information systems. Advance your knowledge in supply chain concepts, apply decision-making methodologies, analyze business models, and innovate using your own creative solutions. Additionally, you’ll also learn the fundamentals of applied research.
- Master of Supply Chain Innovation (Advanced) (2 years FT or equivalent PT): The Master of Supply Chain Innovation (Advanced) invites students to think innovatively about supply chain management – offering a unique blend of skills, while preparing students to contribute to the field through research. Students will be invited to advance existing knowledge in supply and demand, apply critical thinking, test out decision-making methodologies, analyze existing business models, and innovate using unique creative solutions.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 24, 2017