Logistics VET Programs and Supply Chain Management Postgraduate Programs in Victoria, Australia
Victoria University (VU) is a multi-sector institution (higher education and TAFE) with excellence in teaching, training, research and scholarship. VU offers short courses, as well as qualifications in vocational education (TAFE) and higher education. The learning pathways enable you to move from a certificate course through to an advanced diploma, degree, or postgraduate qualification by coursework or research.
Victoria University has more than 50,000 students enrolled at the local campuses and international sites. VU operates primarily at campuses in the western suburbs of Melbourne (Australia), Melbourne city centre and locations provided by the partners in Asia and Europe. VU is one of only five universities in Australia that offers vocational education (TAFE) courses and higher education courses (both undergraduate and postgraduate).
VU offers more than 350 courses to international students, delivered in six countries and has has more than 51,000 students, including over 15,000 international students from over 90 countries studying courses at Victoria University campuses in Melbourne or their home country.
Academic & Training Programs
Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs
- Certificate IV in Logistics (by Victoria Polytechnic, Footscray Nicholson & Work Place, 9 months PT): This logistics certificate is a practical course that has been developed with industry. You’ll gain the knowledge and skills to confidently work in technical, operational or administrative roles in the logistics industry. An efficient supply chain is a fundamental component of every type of business and essential to the transport and logistics industry.
- Diploma of Logistics (by Victoria Polytechnic, Footscray Nicholson, 1 FT, & also PT): In this course, you’ll gain a broad range of skills and knowledge for managing the distribution of goods and materials. You’ll learn to work with others to perform complex technical operations. An efficient supply chain is a fundamental component of every type of business and essential to the transport and logistics industry.
Double Masters Degree Programs
- Master of Business (Enterprise Resource Planning Systems) / Master of Supply Chain Management (by College of Business, 2.5 years FT & also PT): You will increase your knowledge of supply chain management, enterprise resource planning (ERP) system processes, SAP application, recent developments in sustainability and global trends in business. Strong industry partnerships with Linfox and SAP & opportunity to gain industry experience while you study.
Postgraduate / Masters Degree Programs
- Graduate Diploma in Business (Supply Chain Management) (by College of Business, 1 year FT & also PT): It is designed for those who already have a base of significant relevant professional experience but do not yet have a bachelor’s degree. This course develops your knowledge of the field of logistics and supply chain management with a particular focus on the skills and techniques required for employment in early career management roles.
- Master of Business (Supply Chain Management) (by College of Business, 2 years FT & also PT): You will develop knowledge of the field of logistics and supply chain management with particular focus on the skills and techniques required for employment in senior management roles. You could gain employment managing procurement and supply chain in private business or the public sector working for companies.
VICTORIA UNIVERSITY Features
Victoria University offers programs offshore through transnational education projects in Germany, the people’s republic of China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, India, Singapore, Vietnam and Australia. Students are able to study the offshore programs with the option of transferring to Victoria University in Melbourne. Courses range from English language (English for Further Study), certificates, diplomas, bachelors to masters. Today Victoria University is delivering a range of high-quality courses across asia and in Germany. A significant market leader, the University will continue to grow offshore operations focusing on organic growth of existing programs and partnerships; new programs with existing partners; and new programs with new partnerships.
- Campus: Victoria University has 10 campuses and sites across Melbourne and its western region - three in the Central Business District (CBD) and another four within 10 km of the CBD.
- Accreditation: Victoria University is a public university and all the courses are approved by relevant authorities as per the rules.
- International Exchange: Victoria University strengthened student mobility with 358 students (from the University and its international partners) participating in the exchange program. The University also welcomed an additional 111 students through the study abroad program.
- Research Awards: The achievements of Victoria University’s academics/researchers are internationally recognized by industry and community in a range of award ceremonies. Victoria University’s Institute for Logistics and Supply Chain Management was a recipient at the 2010 B-HERT awards for Outstanding Collaboration with a Regional Focus for its partnership with the Port of Melbourne and the Victorian Government’s Department of Transport Essential Services Commission.
- Professional Internship: The Professional Internship unit offers students the opportunity to apply their learning in this course, along with their previous learning and experience in a task-oriented work integrated learning environment. Students undertake one day a week for 12 weeks (or equivalent) in an organization where they can actively pursue the application of their communication learning in a supported environment.
- Jobs on Campus: Whether you are looking for part-time work or opportunities to gain experience linked to your field of study, you can consider joining the Students as Staff program at VU. Opportunities exist across a variety of roles including hospitality, administration, customer service and sessional teaching.
- Tailored Learning and Training: The University supports capability development through work-based learning and training programs. These programs help enterprises to up-skill and re-skill their employees to meet the demands of today’s changing business culture.
- Housing: Victoria University’s purpose built student accommodation facility is located just 100 metres from Footscray Park Campus. It features 41 fully furnished self contained apartments and two deluxe three bedroom units with ensuite and disability access, set amongst a community based environment designed to inspire learning.
Last updated: Sep 24, 2017