International Trade & Supply Chain Management Education and, Transport, Logistics & Purchasing TAFE Training
Victoria University (VU) is a multi-sector institution (higher education and TAFE) with excellence in teaching, training, research and scholarship. VU offers short courses, as well as qualifications in vocational education (TAFE) and higher education. The learning pathways enable you to move from a certificate course through to an advanced diploma, degree, or postgraduate qualification by coursework or research.
Victoria University has more than 50,000 students enrolled at the local campuses and international sites. VU operates primarily at campuses in the western suburbs of Melbourne (Australia), Melbourne city centre and locations provided by the partners in Asia and Europe. VU is one of only five universities in Australia that offers vocational education (TAFE) courses and higher education courses (both undergraduate and postgraduate).
VU offers more than 350 courses to international students, delivered in six countries and has has more than 51,000 students, including over 15,000 international students from over 90 countries studying courses at Victoria University campuses in Melbourne or their home country.
Academic & Training Programs
- Bachelor of Business (International Trade): In the Bachelor of Business International Trade specialization you will examine strategies on enhancing overall trade and investment, enabling you to manage projects and make decisions that facilitate trade between Australia and other countries. Graduates of this specialization will be able to analyze international markets and propose incentives, policies, interventions, entry strategies and harmonization standards to firms, educational institutions, governments or other bodies.
- Bachelor of Laws / Bachelor of Business (International Trade): This broad-ranging double degree allows graduates to meet the academic and professional requirements in law (admission to legal practice in Victoria). You will gain a solid education in international trade.
- Associate Degree in Logistics: In this program you will develop independent and academic learning skills to facilitate ongoing professional development, including further study at undergraduate or postgraduate level. Graduates will be able to pursue careers in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM) in any industry with LSCM functions, such as: inventory, distribution, warehousing, purchasing, freight and transport, manufacturing and service operations
- Master of Business (Supply Chain Management): The program aims to develop students' knowledge of the field of logistics and supply chain management. Particular focus is based upon the skills and techniques required for employment, in the logistics and supply chain sectors, in senior management roles.
- Certificate II in Boating Services
- Certificate II in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations)
- Certificate II in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport)
- Certificate II in Transport and Logistics (Warehousing and Storage)
- Certificate III in Marine Craft Construction
- Certificate III in Transport and Logistics (Rail Operations)
- Certificate III in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport)
- Certificate III in Transport and Logistics (Warehousing and Storage)
- Certificate IV in International Trade
- Certificate IV in Logistics and Supply Chain Principles
- Certificate IV in Purchasing
- Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport)
- Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Warehousing and Storage)
- Diploma of Logistics
- Diploma of Purchasing
VICTORIA UNIVERSITY Features
Victoria University offers programs offshore through transnational education projects in Germany, the people’s republic of China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, India, Singapore, Vietnam and Australia. Students are able to study the offshore programs with the option of transferring to Victoria University in Melbourne. Courses range from English language (English for Further Study), certificates, diplomas, bachelors to masters. Today Victoria University is delivering a range of high-quality courses across asia and in Germany. A significant market leader, the University will continue to grow offshore operations focusing on organic growth of existing programs and partnerships; new programs with existing partners; and new programs with new partnerships.
- Campus: Victoria University has 10 campuses and sites across Melbourne and its western region - three in the Central Business District (CBD) and another four within 10 km of the CBD.
- Accreditation: Victoria University is a public university and all the courses are approved by relevant authorities as per the rules.
- International Exchange: Victoria University strengthened student mobility with 358 students (from the University and its international partners) participating in the exchange program. The University also welcomed an additional 111 students through the study abroad program.
- Research Awards: The achievements of Victoria University’s academics/researchers are internationally recognized by industry and community in a range of award ceremonies. Victoria University’s Institute for Logistics and Supply Chain Management was a recipient at the 2010 B-HERT awards for Outstanding Collaboration with a Regional Focus for its partnership with the Port of Melbourne and the Victorian Government’s Department of Transport Essential Services Commission.
- Professional Internship: The Professional Internship unit offers students the opportunity to apply their learning in this course, along with their previous learning and experience in a task-oriented work integrated learning environment. Students undertake one day a week for 12 weeks (or equivalent) in an organization where they can actively pursue the application of their communication learning in a supported environment.
- Jobs on Campus: Whether you are looking for part-time work or opportunities to gain experience linked to your field of study, you can consider joining the Students as Staff program at VU. Opportunities exist across a variety of roles including hospitality, administration, customer service and sessional teaching.
- Tailored Learning and Training: The University supports capability development through work-based learning and training programs. These programs help enterprises to up-skill and re-skill their employees to meet the demands of today’s changing business culture.
- Housing: Victoria University’s purpose built student accommodation facility is located just 100 metres from Footscray Park Campus. It features 41 fully furnished self contained apartments and two deluxe three bedroom units with ensuite and disability access, set amongst a community based environment designed to inspire learning.