Translate to Your Language
Logistics & Supply Chain Management, and Transport Engineering, Education and Research in Melbourne
RMIT University is a global university of technology and design and Australia’s largest tertiary institution located in Melbourne, Victoria. It has two branches, with 74,000 students which includes 30,000 international students, RMIT University in Australia and RMIT International University in Vietnam. The University enjoys an international reputation for excellence in practical education and outcome-oriented research.
RMIT is the third-oldest higher education provider in the state of Victoria and the seventh-oldest in Australia. The university is ranked in the top 100 universities in the world for engineering and technology in the 2010 QS World University Rankings. It is included in the top 100 universities in the World for producing work-ready graduates, and is one of 20 institutes of technology that feature in the listing.
The School of Business IT and Logistics (BITL) provides high quality technical and professional education in: Business Information and Communications Technology, in Information Management and Librarianship and in Logistics and Supply Chain Management education within a comprehensive business context – ensuring the employability of its graduates. BITL programs address the challenges of today’s fast-paced and increasingly complex business environment. They are designed to foster leadership and strategic thinking and help participants maximize their personal and professional capabilities.
- Diploma of Logistics (Full-time 1 year): Gain an understanding of key business areas while you develop specialist knowledge in transport and logistics planning, supply chain management, and operations and risk management.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Business (Logistics and Supply Chain Management) (Full-time 3 years, Part-time 6 years): The degree covers topics to develop your knowledge and interest in contemporary issues central to the logistics and supply chain management industry. Areas you will cover include procurement and global sourcing, warehousing, freight and distribution, business operations, supply chain analytics and the management of human and physical resources.
- Bachelor of Business (Logistics and Supply Chain Management) (Applied) (Full-time 4 years): This four-year program prepares you to tackle business problems in the global marketplace by combining a compulsory industry placement with studies in procurement and global sourcing, warehousing, freight and distribution, business operations, supply chain analytics and the management of human and physical resources.
- Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain and Logistics Management (Melbourne & Online, FT 6 months, PT 8 months): Critically examine the strategic factors of servicing customers through dynamic and complex supply chains, and study the measurement of logistics performance and operations management.
- Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain and Logistics Management: This program prepares you to manage the creation and implementation of efficient and sustainable strategies over the logistics life cycle, across the entire supply chain or within supply.
Masters Degree Programs
- Master of Supply Chain and Logistics Management (1.5 years FT & also PT): By studying a Master of Supply Chain and Logistics Management at RMIT, students will gain a holistic understanding of how to manage the sourcing and procurement of primary materials, transportation of goods and the negotiation of contracts and services to satisfy end-users.
- Master of Business (Supply Chain & Logistics) (Full-time 2 years, Part-time 4 years): In this program you will develop advanced skills in order to critically analyze information, synthesize knowledge, and communicate your research findings effectively for a variety of career settings.
- Master of Engineering (Transport Systems Engineering) (Full-time 2 years, Part-time 4 years): This program is designed to deepen the knowledge of engineers working with road, traffic or public transport authorities and logistics and supply chain organizations. It addresses the increasing need for engineers to have a comprehensive knowledge of transportation and logistics engineering.
Research Degree Programs
- PhD (Supply Chain & Logistics) (Part-time 6-8 years, Full-time 3-4 years): In this program you will develop advanced research skills that will prepare you for a career in academia and other settings in which systematic and critical analytical skills are required.
The School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering aims to be nationally and internationally renowned for its industry relevant high impact research and globally competitive graduates. The School is recognized by industry and general community for its work-relevant education programs, supreme research facilities, creative real-world project work and robust relations with local and international industry leaders. Renowned for being a progressive university, RMIT is adventurous in nature and notorious for many global and innovative projects that have outperformed expectations.
- Campus: RMIT University has three campuses around Melbourne (Melbourne city, Brunswick and Bundoora) and two in Vietnam, in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi.
- Accreditation: RMIT is a public university in Australia. The Logistics programs of School of Business and IT have professional accreditation from Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS). The Logistics Engineering program is recognized by the Society of Logistics Engineering (SOLE).
- Work Experience and Internships: The types of work experience and internships you can do include: vacation work (usually course related work undertaken during the penultimate year of study for up to 12 weeks); cooperative education (full-time year of paid industry-based learning that you generally take as the third year of a four-year degree); cadetships (paid employment while you are studying, and includes financial support to complete your studies. You may work full-time during the vacation and part time during semester) and internships (a period of supervised employment that has specific learning objectives. It may be paid or unpaid, and you may be able to work full-time during the vacation and part time during semester).
- Work-Integrated Learning: One of the features of studying at RMIT is the opportunity to participate in Work Integrated Learning (WIL). Experiences depend on your program and discipline of study. WIL placements may be arranged for you through your school or you may be required to source your own placement.
- RMIT Overseas Work Experience: RMIT International Industry Experience and Research Program (RIIERP) The RIIERP program places students on six to 12-month placements with some of the world’s best-practice companies in: Europe, North America, or Asia.
- Study Overseas: Education abroad facilitates short-term and semester length overseas study for RMIT students in hundreds of locations.
- Housing: There are several different options for permanent accommodation. Student apartment complexes are fully furnished and allow students to live independently in a secure and supportive residential environment. In share houses, each person usually has their own bedroom and shares the kitchen, bathroom and living areas. There are also many private hostels close to RMIT, offering a furnished bedroom, shared bathroom, living and leisure areas.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 25, 2017