Maritime, Shipping, Oil & Gas, Marine Surveying & Logistics Education - Full-time, Work Based or Online
Established in 1973, Middlesex University out of merger between different schools and colleges in North London. Located at the north London area of Hendon, and with more than 130 years' experience, Middlesex University focuses on excellence in teaching and research. It has more than 40,000 students studying at the campuses in London, Dubai, Mauritius and Malta. The university has been awarded the Queen's Anniversary Prize three times and has twice received Queen's Award for Enterprise for its international work.
The Middlsex University Institute for Work Based Learning (IWBL) pioneered the development of Work Based Learning at higher education level and provides research and strategic development of work based learning across Middlesex University. IWBL provides sea and shore-based maritime professional development programs in partnerships with the Marine Society, Lloyd's Maritime Academy and IBC Academy.
The Marine Society is dedicated to supporting the professional development of seafarers and shore-based maritime professionals. They provide expert and confidential advice and guidance, assistance with tuition fees for UK domiciled mariners and on-going moral support. The society partner with selected education and training providers to offer the very best teaching and opportunities to learn through seafarer-friendly educational provision, from core skills, GCSEs and A-levels - right through to degrees and postgraduate qualifications.The society has have partnered with Middlesex University for the past 12 years in to provide unique work-based, distance learning courses.
Supply Chain Management Programs
- BA (Hons) in Business Management (Supply Chain Management - 3 Years Full-time): The supply chain management pathway allows you to shape studies towards career ambitions, and develop an expert understanding of the planning and management of the core activities involved in sourcing, procurement, conversion and logistics of materials and service within a range of sectors.
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Supply Chain) Final Year Entry (Top up, 1 year): The one-year Business Management (Supply Chain) top up course is for students who already hold a business foundation or HND qualification, and are based in either the UK or overseas. It prepares you to enter a diverse range of businesses, governmental and third sector organizations.
Maritime & Offshore Programs
- MBA Shipping and Logistics: The Masters of Business Administration in Shipping and Logistics is offered by Middlesex University Business School in conjunction with Lloyd’s Maritime Academy. The program curriculum has been designed to equip the participant with the knowledge and skills to further maritime leadership and management career.
- MBA in Oil and Gas (Distance Learning): The Oil & Gas MBA is delivered 100% by online distance learning over 24 months. The course is carefully designed and delivered so that the participant can accelerate the professional development without having to pause career, take long periods out from work or travel to a distant classroom. Middlesex University, in partnership with IBC Academy, offers the Oil & Gas MBA.
- MSc in Marine Surveying (Top-up): This is offered by Lloyd's Maritime Academy and Middlesex University Business School. The programme enables to apply existing specialist knowledge of surveying to the ever-changing global industry and develop your ability to manage strategically. This program is exclusively for graduates of Lloyd's Maritime Academy's Diploma in Marine Surveying or Diploma in Small Craft Surveying.
Supply Chain Management Programs
- MSc / PG Diploma / PG Certificate in Global Supply Chain Management: This MSc program allows the opportunity to bring together the knowledge and skills developed throughout the course and apply them to an original and independent project addressing a substantive supply chain management problem.
Work Based Programs
- MSc / MA Professional Practice Maritime (Distance Learning): This MSc Maritime course enables you to integrate your current qualifications, experience and study all while you work. The adaptable approach allows you to tailor its contents around the needs of your present working role and study remotely if your wish to further your career in the maritime industry, whether that be in a seafaring or a shore based role. Those who will benefit most highly are seafarers seeking a qualification that will allow them to transfer into different industries. Applicants should normally have held a Class 1 Certificate of Competency for three years or hold an equivalent qualification in a related subject, and be working in the maritime sector. If you have been working in a management role within the maritime sector for five or more years but don't hold a Class 1 Certificate of Competency it may be possible to join the programme by taking an additional Review of Learning module.