Maritime, Shipping, Oil & Gas, Marine Surveying & Logistics Education - Full-time, Work Based or Online
Established in 1973, Middlesex University out of merger between different schools and colleges in North London. Located at the north London area of Hendon, and with more than 130 years' experience, Middlesex University focuses on excellence in teaching and research.
It has more than 40,000 students studying at the campuses in London, Dubai, Mauritius and Malta.The university has been awarded the Queen's Anniversary Prize three times and has twice received Queen's Award for Enterprise for its international work.
The Middlesex University Institute for Work Based Learning (IWBL) pioneered the development of Work Based Learning at higher education level and provides research and strategic development of work based learning across Middlesex University.
IWBL provides sea and shore-based maritime professional development programs in partnerships with the Marine Society, Lloyd's Maritime Academy and IBC Academy.
Supply Chain Management Programs
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Supply Chain & Logistics) (3 years): This course provides you the opportunity to work in a range of businesses and organizations while gaining specialized training in the industry standard software you’ll need to manage and analyze the supply chain. You’ll receive training in industry-standard software for SAP managing the supply chain processes. Knowledge of SAP is a tangible skill and is widely sought after by employers.
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Supply Chain & Logistics) (1 year): ThisTop-up course is for students who already hold a business foundation or HND qualification, and are based in either the UK or overseas. It prepares you to enter a diverse range of businesses, governmental and third sector organizations.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice in Maritime Operations (1 year, Distance Learning): This maritime course enables you to integrate your current experience and qualifications into a program of study that is carried out alongside your normal work. You can study remotely while developing your career in the maritime industry, whether that be in a seafaring or a shore based role. Those who will benefit most highly are seafarers seeking a qualification that will allow them to transfer into different industries.
- MBA Shipping and Logistics (2 years, Part time, Online): The Masters of Business Administration in Shipping and Logistics is offered by Middlesex University Business School in conjunction with Lloyd's Maritime Academy. The programme curriculum has been designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to further your maritime leadership and management career.
- MSc in Maritime Operations Management (20 months, Part Time): The MSc in Marine Operations is exclusively available for graduates of the Lloyd’s Maritime Academy and North Kent College qualifying Diploma courses to continue their study to postgraduate level. This masters gives you the unique opportunity to build on your maritime qualification and progress your existing shipping knowledge and practical expertise.
Supply Chain Management Programs
- MSc / PG Diploma / PG Certificate in Global Supply Chain Management (1 year Full time, 2 years Part time): This MSc program allows the opportunity to bring together the knowledge and skills developed throughout the course and apply them to an original and independent project addressing a substantive supply chain management problem.