ICS Foundation Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Professional Qualifying Examinations Evening Classes, and Short Courses for Maritime Shipping Professionals
Located at London Bridge in London, the London School of Shipping offers a broad range of study programs in preparation to Institute's examinations leading to recognized industry qualifications. They have flexible state-of-the-art conference and training facilities. The School's programs are led by experienced course leaders supported by visiting expert practitioners from the extensive London maritime community.
The School offers study programs in preparation to Institute's examinations and in addition, provides an additional extensive range of short, face-to-face professional development courses in commercial shipping disciplines, ideal for new starters or those working in the business looking to further their knowledge in specific industry sectors.
All programs can be offered as in-house courses to groups of employees, tailored to specific requirements and with bespoke content and features included, depending on your needs.
The London School of Shipping is part of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS).
PQE Qualifications Evening Classes
- Foundation Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Professional Qualifying Examinations: Students are able to choose from a range of 14 different subjects when completing their professional qualifications. Every year, from September to May, the school run evening classes for each of the subjects on the Institute syllabus. Each subject is covered through 12 classes and a mock exam. Classes are complemented by topical seminars scheduled throughout the year.
- What's included in the Evening class's bundle: Registration for full academic year, examination entry, two semesters including 12 classes and tutorials, textbook and course materials, dedicated on-site expert tutor, practice assignments assessed by personal tutor, and mock exam.
Professional Development Courses
- Maritime World Explained MWE (1 day): An extensive one-day course providing a comprehensive introduction to the shipping industry including discussion sessions, workshops, group activities, games and multi-media presentations.
- Shipping Market Analysis (2 days): Fundamentals of Maritime and International Trade Law (3 days): The course will cover the source and context of international trade and maritime law; carriage of goods by sea; charterparties; bills of lading; marine insurance; contracts of sale; admiralty jurisdiction; maritime claims; limitation of liability; salvage; general average; dispute resolution and mediation.
- Fundamentals of Ship Sale and Purchase (2 days): Topics explored will include - ship types and maritime geography relevant to the S&P market; ship registration and classification; markets and the parties involved; negotiation, contracts and documentation; ship valuation, finance and insurance and legal aspects of sale and purchase.
- Risk Management in Shipping (2 days)
- Fundamentals of Dry Cargo Chartering (3 days)
- Fundamentals of Tanker Chartering (2 days)
- LNG Ops and Chartering (3 days)