Maritime Law, Maritime Operations, Shipping Trade & Finance, and, Supply Chain Management Education
City University of London is a public research university located in the heart of London, UK. It was founded in 1894 as the Northampton Institute and became a university in 1966. City has its main campus in the Islington area of Central London, minutes away from the Square Mile - London's world-famous financial district - and the headquarters of financial and professional institutions, major arts complexes and media offices, teaching hospitals and specialist medical research centers.
City has over 100 years of research experience and has been consistently highly ranked for its graduate employability and salaries. It had a total income of £178.5 million in 2009/10, of which £8 million was from research grants and contracts. The University is ranked among the top five per cent of universities in the world (Times Higher Education World Rankings 2010/11), ranked 10th in the UK for graduate employability (The Times University Guide 2011) and ranked 10th for graduate starting salaries (The Sunday Times University Guide 2011).
An integral part of City University London, Cass Business School is among the global elite of business schools. Cass is consistently ranked amongst the best business schools and programs in the world which, coupled with an established 40-year reputation for excellence in research and business education, enables us to attract some of the best academics, students and businesses worldwide into the exclusive Cass network. Financial Times rates the Sir John Cass Business School among the top three business schools in the UK and places the Executive MBA 10th in its worldwide rankings.
Shipping & Maritime Degree Programs
- MSc in Shipping, Trade and Finance (1 year): The Masters in Shipping, Trade and Finance is for business-focused individual with a high-performing career in global shipping and its associated industries as your ultimate goal. Equally at home with practical subjects and academic theory, you thrive on solving tough challenges under time constraints. You want to acquire or sharpen the skills necessary to operate at an executive level in areas ranging from shipping, supply chain and commodities, to finance, investment, trading, banking and related sectors and industries.
- MSc in Maritime Operations and Management (Part-time): The Maritime Operations and Management course is designed for existing professionals serving in the industry as well as those looking for a career within the maritime, offshore and sea transport industries. For those already within the industry applicants are likely to have a responsible sea-going or middle-management position. Alternatively, new entrants to the industry are likely to have attained a first degree in a related technical or management subject.
- MSc in Maritime Safety and Security Management (1 year Full Time & 2 Years Part Time): This program is designed for those who wish to specialize in Safety and Security Management applied to the maritime industry. It is for ambitious professionals who want a successful fast-track career with a specialist safety and security remit in the maritime industry, with governmental and international bodies, in research and international consultancy.
Maritime Law Programs
- LLM Maritime Law (1 year Full Time & 2 Years Part Time): The unique specialist Master of Laws (LLM) course in Maritime Law provides you with an opportunity to acquire and develop the knowledge and skills for this niche but important field of law. This course is unquestionably one of the more popular specialist program for law students at the City Law School. It is taught by academics and practitioners who have years of experience in the field. The emphasis of the program is on understanding how the law works in relation to matters such as shipping contracts, insurance, admiralty practice, international sale of goods, and commercial arbitration.
Logistics & Supply Chain Programs
- MSc in Global Supply Chain Management (1 year): The Global Supply Chain Management degree is for you if you want to learn about the latest thinking and business practices in global supply chain management generally. It is not suitable if you’re already very experienced and looking to specialize.
- LLM Maritime Law (Greece) - Full time 12 months & Part time 24 months
- LLM Maritime Law (Dubai) - Teaching will usually take place from March to June, and October to December. Students will have to submit their dissertation 5 months after completing their final taught module.
- MSc Maritime Operations and Management in Greece - The course is taught at Hellenic Lloyd's Register's Training Centre in Athens.
City University Features
One third of the University’s academic activity is business related, including the world-class Cass Business School. Another third is health, including nursing, optometry and food policy. The final third includes IT, maths, engineering, law, social sciences and creative and cultural subjects. City has close contacts with multinational companies and leading London firms. City University London prides itself on its international outlook. Nearly a third of students come from outside the UK, drawn from 156 countries, while teaching staff bring their experience from over 40 countries.
- Campus: City University London is located in the heart of London, UK. Its main campus is in Clerkenwell which lies between Islington and the edge of the City of London and St Paul's Cathedral.
- Accreditation: City University is a public university and UK Border Agency (UKBA) highly trusted student sponsor. Cass Business School has triple accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
- Learning Development Center: The Learning Development Centre supports a range of learning technologies to ensure you have the best possible learning experience like E - Learning environment, Personal development planning and Support.
- Career & Skills Development Service: The Career and Skills Development Service provide Individual careers advice - Receive professional one-to-one support related to interviews, job searching techniques and career options; Access to a comprehensive range of career resources - Discover resources online and in the Careers Library; City Job Vacancy Board - View part-time, placement and graduate jobs online; Careers events - Attend events, including fairs and employability skills workshops, that run all year on campus; Professional service for recruiters - Speak to experts about finding high calibre students to fill your job vacancies.
- Housing: Various halls of residence are available for undergraduate students and there is accommodation specifically for postgraduate students - self-catered facilities within easy travelling distance of the main University buildings.