MCA, USCG & Classification Societies Approved and STCW Safety and Security Courses for the Cruise Line / Maritime Industries in London
Located in London, EOS Risk specializes is the provision of security risk mitigation and crisis management support to multinational corporations and organizations from a wide variety of industries and sectors operating globally.
Eos Risk provide integrated services in the areas of security intelligence and advisory, specialist security consulting, operational security, crisis management and response, and training.
Eos provides a range of courses approved by numerous awarding bodies such as the Security Industry Authority (SIA), City & Guilds, BIIAB, EDEXCEL, the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA), the UK Department for Transport, and major Classification Societies. The courses have been developed by expert personnel with first-hand industry knowledge, including operational, tactical and training experience.
Maritime security courses can be undertaken at the dedicated training facility in the UK, or at offsite locations. EOS has successfully delivered training to a variety of audiences and clients ranging from individuals to international corporations and from UK and US nationals to those with English as their second language.
Cruise Line Industry Courses
- CVSSA 11-01 - Crime Prevention (2 days): The CVSSA training requirements are applicable to passenger vessels that carry at least 250 passengers; have onboard sleeping facilities for each passenger; are on a voyage that embarks and disembarks passengers in the United States; and are not engaged on a coastwise voyage. Since July 27, 2011, passenger vessels have been required to certify to the USCG that they have at least one crew member on board that is properly trained on prevention, detection, evidence preservation, and reporting requirements of criminal activities in the international maritime environment before entering a United States port on a voyage or voyage segment on which a United States citizen is a passenger.
Maritime Security Courses
- ISPS Code Ship Security Officer - MCA Approved
- ISPS Code Company Security Officer - MCA Approved
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties - MCA Approved
- Proficiency in Security Awareness - MCA Approved
- ISPS Code Port Facility Security Officer - Dft Approved
- CVSSA 11-01 Crime Prevention, Detection, Evidence Preservation and Reporting - US Maritime Administration (MARAD) approved
- Cyber Security Awareness - GCHQ Approved
- Threat Awareness (Onshore/Port facilities/Onboard)
- Port calls and control of access
- Suspicious Persons & Behavior
- Weapons & Explosives (Inc. IED recognition)
- Location Specific Threats (Mediterranean etc.)
- Vessel Access Control
- Preparation for Entering a High Risk Area
- Observation, Detection & Avoidance Measures
- Anti-Piracy Procedures (Vessel Specific)
- Incident Management
- Maritime Emergency / Incident Response
LAST UPDATED ON Oct 30, 2020