Marina Training, Marine Apprenticeships, & Short Courses Training by British Marine
The British Marine (formerly British Marine Federation or BMF) represents a wide range of businesses in the leisure, superyacht and small commercial marine industry. The 1400+ membership base is diverse and represents the UK marine supply chain.
Examples include major world players in superyacht sector, chandlers, leading suppliers of equipment for yachts and motorboats, boatbuilders, marine consultants, boat cleaning services, brokers, flag makers, Sail Training and operators of marinas both coastal and inland.
By promoting an environment for training and recruitment, British Marine encourages UK marine based companies to invest in training for the benefit of the industry. BMF manages a number of short courses as well as develop national and regional qualifications from entry to advanced level.
The work ensures the longevity of the industry by providing the professionals with relevant training programs for personal or companywide improvement. Marina training and certification is accredited by the Global Marina Institute.
- Marina Operative Course: The Marina Operative Course is a modular program, specifically designed with the requirements of a modern marina in mind. It will enable your staff members to train in all areas of the business whilst on-the-job.
- Intermediate Marina Management Course: This four-day course is designed to provide marina personnel in a leadership position with fast-track training in the critical issues in marinas. It is aimed at managers, supervisors and foremen who have had at least one full year of experience working at this level.
- Advanced Marina Management Course: The AMM course has been designed as a pathway towards Certified Marina Manager (CMM) and Certified Marina Professional (CMP) Certification. Applicants must have a minimum of three years relevant management experience. British Marine will assess the application against this requirement.
- BMET Electrical: A practical and stimulating two-day course which provides the skills needed for installation and maintenance of electrics on boats, leading to an industry recognized qualification. The course is aimed at individuals with at least one year’s experience in boat electrics.
- Marine Electronics Installer: An informative one day course that provides all the skills and knowledge electronic installers need for installation and maintenance of electronics on boats, leading to an industry recognized qualification. Aimed at individuals with at least one year’s experience in electronics.
- Selling Skills for the Marine Industry: If you are involved in selling and looking to improve the way you approach a sales situation, you will find this course useful.
- RCD Awareness: Designed to increase and expand your knowledge of how to meet the requirements of the RCD, and assist your ability to comply to this important directive.
- The Law Relating to Brokerage and Boat Retailers: This course is designed to give brokers the latest updates and legislation on issues covering law when selling new and second hand boats. It provides invaluable information and guidance, to help you minimize legal problems when selling boats.
- Welcome Afloat: The Welcome Afloat one-day training course gives participants today's core customer service skills - reflecting the latest techniques and best practice. It is a highly flexible course and can be tailored to include content and knowledge specific to destinations and businesses.
- Utilizing Facebook for your Business post-lockdown: The Workshop is focused entirely on Facebook and how to use it. Facebook is still THE most important Social Media platform - so how can you use it to achieve the success you are looking for?
- Intermediate Marina Management Online: The GMI IMM course has become an essential qualification in the career progression in the global marina industry. It is recognized by the British Marine (BM), the Association of Marina Industries (AMI) in USA and the MIA. The course provides marina personnel in a leadership position with fast-track learning in the critical issues of marina operations and management. It is also an essential course in a career path leading to the globally recognized Certified Marina Manager, Certified Marina Operator and Certified Marina Professional qualifications.
- Apprenticeships are open to people aged 16 and over and combine real work experience and studying with the end goal of achieving a work-based qualification. This can start at the equivalent of a GCSE, right the way up to degree level.