Qualification and Training Courses in Export/Import, International Trade, Customs, Logistics and More from IOE UK
Established in 1935, the Institute of Export & International Trade (IOE) is the professional membership body which sets and maintains the professional standards in international trade management and export practice. IOE represents everyone involved in importing, exporting and international trade and offers individual or business memberships. IOE also offers various levels of qualifications and training programs for the sector.
The Institute is the leading authority in best practice and competence for businesses trading in UK and globally. The technical help is offered to solve issues with Documentation, Export Controls, Regulations and Compliance, Insurance, Payment Terms etc through various learning materials and short courses. The courses and training cover all aspects of international trade from introduction through to international marketing, online trading and trade finance and legal issues.
The professional qualifications are of high standards and offered from a level 1 right up to Master's Degree with Warwick University and designed to fit full-time career. The IOE Continuing and Professional Development (CPD) programs allow professionals to maintain and develop the knowledge, skills and competence systematically throughout the career in international trade.
Qualifications & Training Programs
- Level 1 Young International Trader (YIT): The course comprises seven compulsory and two optional modules, each on a different aspect of international trade.
- Level 2 Certificate in International Trade and Logistics Operations - (6 months): The qualification comprises four mandatory units and a choice of one unit from groups one, two and three; plus an additional two units to be taken from groups one, two and/or three. There are no specific entry requirements although good GCSE grades in English and Maths are an advantage.
- Level 3 Certificate in International Trade (Distance, Online): This introductory level qualification aims to help people get started in international trade; no formal qualifications are required for entry on this course. No formal qualifications are required for entry on this course.
- Level 3 Customs Practitioner Award: The four units will ensure the customs practitioner has a comprehensive understanding of the core compliance areas; classification, origin and valuation. In addition the units will cover import and export declaration procedures, including content required and accuracy.
- Level 3 Certificate in Customs Legislation and Procedures: This introductory level qualification is designed to get people started in the Customs profession. No formal qualifications are required for entry on this course.
- Level 3 Certificate in Customs Duty Calculation: This introductory level qualification is designed to provide people with the basic skills required to calculate the amount of customs duty that is payable on imported goods and consists of six modules. No formal qualifications are required for entry into this course.
- Level 4 Diploma in International Trade: You'll get a detailed knowledge of all the principles, procedures and documentation you need to know for a successful career in international trade. After you have passed the Level 4 Diploma in International Trade you can apply for Associate Membership of the Institute, use the suffix of AMIEx and proceed to the Level 5 Diploma Qualification.
- Level 4 Customs Practitioner Award: By the end of the award, the customs practitioner will feel confident working in an international trade environment, with an understanding of the resources available to effectively manage customs risk. On successful completion of the Level 5 Diploma, students will qualify for Graduate Membership of the Institute and will be entitled to use the suffix of MIEx (Grad).
- Diploma in World Customs Compliance & Regulations: Students who complete this qualification will be recognized as 'Accredited Customs Professionals', through the UK Customs Academy. Designed to fit around a full-time career, you have four years to complete the course, although the usual period of study is 15 months.
- Foundation Degree in International Trade (online): The Foundation Degree in International Trade, offered in collaboration with the University of Plymouth, is aimed at international trade professionals to provide the skills and knowledge to operate successfully in international trade.
- MSc in International Trade, Strategy and Operations (1 year FT, or 3 years PT): Developed in collaboration with WMG at the University of Warwick, this MSc provides a thorough knowledge and understanding of the management and operational requirements necessary to trade successfully in international markets.
- Award in International Transport and Documentation (Distance): The Award in International Transport and Documentation qualification provides students with an understanding of the import and export order process from original enquiry, supply chain distribution to payment collection.
- Award in International Trade Finance (Distance): The award in international trade finance qualification provides students with an understanding of the keys to profitability in their business, and the most appropriate sources of finance to maximize such profits.
- Level 3 International Freight Forwarding Specialist Apprenticeship (18 months): This apprenticeship will provide students with core knowledge and skills including - international freight movement, customs procedures, business finance and freight costing, and customer service. Pathways include - air freight, ocean freight, or road freight.
- Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship (4 years): The Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship, offered in collaboration with the University of Plymouth, provides employees with the skills and knowledge to operate successfully in international trade without taking time out to study. The apprenticeship consist of a two year Foundation Degree in International Trade plus two year full hons degree in Professional Management Practice with the University of Plymouth. Based on work experience and/or prior educational qualifications, exemptions for years 1 and 2 of the Degree apprenticeship will be considered.
- Supply Chain Leadership Degree Apprenticeship (3.5 years): Offered by CP Training Services, the work-based program is designed to provide the essential knowledge, understanding, skills and experience required to operate effectively and successfully in a senior supply chain role. Offered by CP Training Services, the work-based program is designed to provide the essential knowledge, understanding, skills and experience required to operate effectively and successfully in a senior supply chain role.
- Incoterms 2020
- VAT and International Trade
- Finance of International Trade
- Trade Documentation
- Supply Chain Management
- Valuation of Goods for Customs
- Exporting Post Brexit Transition Period
- Importing Post Brexit Transition Period
- Introduction to Exporting
- Introduction to Importing
- Letters of Credit
- Introduction to Sales and Marketing
- Introduction to Export Licensing Controls
- Advanced Exporting
- Advanced Importing
- International Trade and Finance
- Advanced Sales and Marketing
- Customs Procedures and Documentation
- Step by Step guidance on completing Customs Declarations
- Customs Classification and Tariff Codes
- UK & US Export Controls: A Basic Understanding
- Excise Duties and Procedures
- Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) Training
- Understanding Rules of Origin, Free Trade Agreements
- VAT in International Trade
- Incoterms® 2020
- NCTS Transit
- Customs Warehousing, Excise Warehousing & Temporary Storage
- Customs Declaration Services (CDS)
- Post Brexit Planning & Compliance
- International Customer Service
- Dangerous Goods for Air, Road and Sea
- Lithium Batteries
- Dangerous Goods by Air
- Dangerous Goods by Road
- Dangerous Goods by Sea
- Online Customs Declaration Training
- Online Customs Training
- Incoterms 2020 Online Training
- Online Cross-Cultural Training
- Anti-bribery Online Training
- Bite-size chunks
- Trade Mark Training