IRCA Maritime Safety Management Systems (MSMS) Certification Scheme & Auditing MSMS Course for Quality Professionals
Founded in 1919 as the Institute of Quality Assurance and attained Chartered status in 2006, the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) is a global professional body advancing the practice of quality management in all sectors. CQI is headquartered in London. IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors) is a division of the CQI, and is the leading professional body for management system auditors. IRCA certifies quality professionals and IRCA certificated auditors command high reputation around the world.
With members all over the world, CQI and IRCA members are part of quality management professionals (CQI members) and management systems auditors through the specialist division IRCA. The system comprises of a global network of nearly 20,000 quality professionals.
The CQI also has a portfolio of training courses which help professionals acquiring the shills needed in their profession. CQI and IRCA Certified Training are mapped to the Competency Framework, ensuring that learning is aligned to the skills and knowledge call on by industry.
Certification & Training Programs
MSMS Certification Scheme
- IRCA Maritime Safety Management Systems Certification Scheme: The IRCA Maritime Safety Management Systems Certification Scheme has been developed in line with the International Safety Management (ISM) Code for ships, to provide auditor training and certification for the marine industry.
- You must already have successfully completed the QMS Lead Auditor training course to be eligible for certification in this scheme.
- Maritime auditors are certified to operate only within the marine sector (and not as a general quality management systems auditor, or within any other sector environment).
- Auditors must have four years’ work experience in any of the positions below:
- Master, chief engineer, first mate, second engineer, superintendent or manager engaged in organising, managing and operating ships, surveying ships, or providing specific marine consultancy
- Deck and engineer officers sailing as chief mate or second engineer, having obtained their master and/or chief engineer certificates/qualifications
- Principal or senior lecturer in a marine college, teaching the above relevant marine courses and with supporting records of sea service.
Auditing MSMS Course
- Auditing MSMS course (14 hours): CQI and IRCA Maritime Safety Management Systems Auditor Training course prepares maritime professionals to assess the conformance of a maritime organization's management system to the ISM Code. This course covers the management systems approach to identifying and managing maritime safety risks, the requirements of the ISM Code and specific ISM audit approaches.