Captains License (Inland, Great Lakes & Near Coastal) & Recreational Boating Training in Green Bay, WI
Located in Green Bay, Wisconsin On Board Academy provides captains training & licensing for Wisconsin & Michigan boaters. For over 10 years, the academy has been helping Wisconsin and Michigan boaters earn their Captain's Licenses, receive on-the-water training and safe boating instructions, have their vessels transported and delivered and more.
On Board Academy services include relocation, transportation and safe delivery of boats, captain a private vessel, act as a captain's companion, or perform marriage ceremonies (Sea or Beach) in the State of Wisconsin.
Captains License (Inland, Great Lakes & Near Coastal)
- Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessel (OUPV) (7 days): This course designed to get your license to operate a vessel with a maximum of six paying passengers. Course includes Rules of the Road, General Deck and Safety, General Navigation and Navigation Problems.
- Masters Captain's License (10 days): This is course which includes all of the above instruction plus additional material to qualify you to operate an inspected vessel permitted to carry more than six passengers. This is the recommend course as it allows a greater advantage to you as a professional vessel operator.
- Auxiliary Sail and Towing Endorsements: Adding either, or both, of these endorsements will provide you with extra value in the maritime industry. Auxiliary Sail is required if you plan to operate a sailboat for hire. A towing endorsement will allow the Captain to offer On-the-Water assistance for a fee.
On-The-Water Boating Instruction & Training
- On-The-Water Training (4 hours): This course includes - Rules of the Road, preparing to get underway, leaving the dock, wind-waves-current, emergencies on board, anchoring, docking, and securing your vessel. Develop the knowledge and confidence to make your voyage enjoyable and safe.
- Crew Training (2 hours): his class brings your crew together to work with you as a well trained unit and includes - basic knots, commands, and emergency preparations. Maximum of four crew members.
- Cruise Planning (Min 2 hours): If your first trip is across the Bay, a specific destination, overnight, or for a month, you need some preparations for getting underway. Securing charts, materials, special licenses (if needed), and check lists are part of the program and discuss everything from tanning oil to motor oil.
LAST UPDATED ON Aug 9, 2018