USCG Licensing Programs, Endorsements, First Aid CPR Online, MROP, and Sailing Courses in Milwaukee WI, Portage and Detroit
Located at Milwaukee WI, True North Maritime Academy promotes seamanship and safe boating practices for sailors and professional mariners through education and certification. The academy provides an interactive and engaging environment for students of all diversities to thrive and succeed and guide you through the entire process and prepare you to enjoy your time on the water safely.
True North Maritime Academy offer USCG Merchant Marine Classes that could turn into a rewarding, on-the-water career, or learn hands on how to sail with ASA-certified on the water instruction. You can learn to navigate the high seas and enhance your navigation and chart reading skills through the many classes. Qualified and experienced mariners can earn a Captain's License and get started with a career on the water.
USCG Licensing Programs
- OUPV Captains License - Inland/Great Lakes/Near Coastal: The Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV) License will qualify you to work as a charter boat captain, operate fishing and sailing charters, run a dive boat, or offer sightseeing tours. Learn or refresh your skills in navigation, chart plotting, rules of the road, safety & regulations, buoyage systems, basic weather, basic stability, and more. OUPV classes are conducted in Milwaukee, Portage and Detroit
- OUPV Upgrade to 100 Ton Masters Captains License: This license allows you to operate both inspected vessels (such as inland ferry boats, harbor tours boats, water taxi or dive boat) and uninspected vessels (less than six passengers).
- Auxiliary Sail Endorsement: This endorsement is required by any captains in charge of an inspected sailing vessel. This means the vessel is approved to carry more that six passengers with at least one for hire.
- Commercial Assistance Towing Endorsement: Captains are required by the USCG to hold an Assistance Towing Endorsement on their captain’s license to be able to assist vessels that have run aground, are disabled, or have run out of fuel.
- First Aid, CPR, and AED Online Delivery: Online delivery is provided by Emergency Care & Safety Institute (ECSI). This class is required to get your original Merchant Mariner Credential.
- FCC Marine Radio Operator Permit (MROP): This course is beneficial to not only your safety, but when securing employment in the maritime industry. Knowing how to reach help with digital select calling (DSC) can help you protect your investment, and ensure the security of the passengers.
- 2 Hour Sailing Experience: This introductory course gives interested students the opportunity to spend 2 hours on Lake Michigan learning the basics – sailing safety, how a boat moves, positions of sail, parts of a boat, perhaps even learning to tie a knot or two
- ASA Basic Keel Boat Course (101)
- ASA Basic Coastal Cruising (103)
- ASA Coastal Navigation (105)
LAST UPDATED ON Oct 3, 2018