Translate to Your Language
Shipping, Logistics and Supply Chain Management Education at CBS Copenhagen
Established in 1917, Copenhagen Business School (CBS) is an institution of higher education in the Danish education system and one of the largest business schools in Europe with more than 19,000 students. CBS offers a comprehensive range of world-class research-based degree programs in business economics and modern languages at undergraduate, graduate and PhD levels as well as executive and other post experience programs.
CBS is the leading provider of research-based executive education in Denmark. A wide range of programs and courses are offered both for the private and public sector, and more than 4,000 students attend the programs every year. CBS is accredited by EQUIS, AMBA, and AACSB. CBS has thus acquired the Triple Crown, an acknowledgement only shared by 68 business schools worldwide.
CBS also has dedicated network and exchange agreements with more than 360 business schools and universities worldwide bring a large number of international students from partner universities and make it possible for the students to study abroad. CBS has established close ties to a select group of companies and provides the industry partners with opportunity to join knowledge development and get close to students and researchers.
- BSc in International Shipping and Trade - 3 years - Full-time Taught in English: The program at CBS focuses directly on shipping industry. You will develop a specific understanding of how shipping companies operate, how they develop strategies and business networks and how to plan and manage in an industry that operates in a global context. During most of the third year, each student will be in an internship in a shipping company while at the same time taking courses and writing assignments and projects at CBS.
- MSc in Economics & Business Administration (Supply Chain Management) - 2 years - Full-time Taught in English: The MSc Program in Economics and Business Administration is your natural choice of higher education in strategy and management. The program offers different English taught degree concentrations. The Supply Chain Management concentration leads to analytical jobs in e.g. consultancies and jobs with management responsibilities within functional areas of SCM, such as purchasing, logistics and planning. Importantly, you also develop excellent skills collaborating and managing across organizational and national borders.
- Executive MBA in Shipping & Logistics (The Blue MBA) - 22 months - Part-time Taught in English: The CBS MBA in Shipping and Logistics aims at giving participants up-to-date insight into shipping economics and modern management theories and their application in the maritime sector. The program takes students to the top international level in business administration, reflecting the needs of the industry in a world, where globalization, enhanced competition, and the speed of technological change place ever-increasing demands on executive management skills.
- BSc Program: To be qualified for admission to the program, you must have successfully completed an upper secondary education and passed certain courses at certain levels.
- MSc Program: Academic bachelor degree within the social sciences; Language requirement - the language requirement is English at level A or Danish at level A, depending on the concentration applied for; Specific entry requirements -you must cover 7.5 ECTS-points: Organisation,7.5 ECTS-points: Marketing, 7.5 ECTS-points: Micro Economics, 7.5 ECTS-points: Quantitative Methods/Statistics, 15 ECTS-points: Finance & Accounting (both areas MUST be covered), and 45 ECTS-points: Business Administration.
- Executive MBA Program: A bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic institution or equivalent; Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or similar documented qualification; minimum five years of work experience in a relevant field; and two personal recommendations. Prior to admission, applicants are interviewed and an individual assessment of the suitability of the applicant is made based upon the above requirements and the result of the interview. For long distance applicants the interview may be conducted by telephone.