Seminars, Masterclasses, Short Courses and Programs in Shipping, Cargo, Chartering, Marine Insurance, Bills of Lading Worldwide and Online
BIMCO is the largest of the international shipping associations representing ship-owners controlling around 65 percent of the world’s tonnage and with members in more than 120 countries drawn from a broad range of stakeholders having a vested interest in the shipping industry, including managers, brokers and agents. BIMCO is accredited as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with all relevant United Nations organs.
BIMCO Education arranges a variety of courses around the world for BIMCO members and non-members alike. Industry experts guide participants through relevant and current topics and cases from the maritime industry. The courses often have limited number of participants and are very popular. All BIMCO Courses and Seminars can be delivered as in-house events. Available to BIMCO Members only, this is a cost-effective way of training larger groups of employees. All courses can be tailored to specific requirements and can be delivered world-wide.
- Introduction to Shipping: This module is designed to provide particpants with a comprehensive and broad understanding of the maritime industry. This course is for professionals with limited or no prior experience with the shipping industry.
- Summer Shipping School: This program takes place in Copenhagen during a full week in June/July every year. The program combines workshops and lectures to provide participants with an in-depth knowledge of the commercial aspects of shipping, its problems and their solutions. Fully residential, this course aims at attracting young people with limited knowledge of the shipping industry from all over the world.
Ship Sale and Purchase
- Newbuildcon Seminar: his one-day seminar provides background on the NEWBUILDCON document and in-depth coverage of the key clauses by leading shipping experts.
- Saleform Seminar: This one-day seminar provides background on the SALEFORM document and in-depth coverage of the key clauses by leading shipping lawyers.
Ship Management and Operation
- Ship Management and Operation: This course aims to provide the participants with a clear understanding of the pitfalls and challenges in contracting as a ship manager. Furthermore, the course will discuss and explore the impact of the ISM and ISPS Codes.
Laytime and Demurrage
- Dry Cargo Laytime and Demurrage: This module focuses on the fundamental principles which underpin laytime and demurrage and how these principles can be changed quite dramatically by the wording of contractual terms. The module also includes practical examples of calculations.
- Laytime and Demurrage Masterclass: This masterclass covers general principles on laytime and demurrage for both dry and wet trades.
- Tanker Laytime and Demurrage: This module first looks into tankers and the tanker market which form the foundation of understanding contractual issues. It comments on the fundamental principles, which underpin tanker laytime and demurrage, as well as concepts that are unique to tanker voyage charters.
Chartering and Insurance
- Charter Party Workshop: BIMCO's charter party workshop (dry and tanker) comprises lectures combined with group discussions and case studies, and are highly practical in scope.
- Commodity Trading & Chartering Masterclass: This masterclass examines commodity sale as a whole. The close links between the sale contract, the insurance contract and the carriage contract will be examined to see why and how the various documents interrelate.
- Marine Insurance: The masterclass will look at marine insurance from both shipowner and cargo owner perspectives and how the contractual relationships are influenced by the decisions and preferences of the insurance buyer and seller.
- Time Chartering: The aim of this course is to highlight the various problem areas and to consider ways in which parties attempt to allocate risk and so provide the participant with a balanced understanding of the relevant legal principles and practice.
- BIMCO Training Days Chartering: This course gives wide-ranging overview of the chartering field, and the mechanisms driving the market.
- Voyage Chartering: The aim of this course is to highlight the key areas related to voyage chartering and to consider ways in which parties attempt to allocate risk between themselves and so, provide the participant with a balanced understanding of the relevant legal principles and practice.
Bills of Lading
- Bills of Lading: This module assists students to identify problems that have arisen in the past in the courts or by arbitration and to minimize the effect of similar problems they may experience during their professional careers.
- Bills of Lading Seminar: Bills of lading one-day seminar will give you a general overview of the key principles of bills of lading.
- Cargo Claims: This three-day course will focus on the legal liabilities of carriers and the practical issues which arise when claims are made against ships, including the mechanics of pursuing and defending cargo claims.
- Advanced Training: The BIMCO program is designed to inspire and provide participants with practical tools to understand the drivers behind change and successfully implement and embed strategies for change in organizations involved in maritime transportation.
Offshore, Project and Heavylift
- Offshore, Project and Heavylift Chartering: This seminar on offshore, project and heavylift chartering will provide the participants with a comprehensive overview of the commercial and contractual issues for the entire industry.
- Oil, Gas and Renewables Seminar: This seminar provides background on topic related to the offshore industry, including BIMCO's SUPPLYTIME document and in-depth coverage of the key clauses by leading shipping lawyers.
- SUPPLYTIME Seminar: This seminar provides background on the SUPPLYTIME document and in-depth coverage of the key clauses by leading shipping lawyers.
- Introduction to shipping
- NYPE 2015: key changes and features
- Time chartering
- Bills of lading
- Voyage chartering
- SUPPLYTIME 2017 - Key Changes and Features