Translate to Your Language
Maritime and Engineering Education & Training in Odessa
Founded in 1944, Odessa National Maritime Academy (ONMA) is one of the leading higher learning institutions for marine education situated in Odessa, the seaport of Ukraine. With over 8000 cadets and students, about 1000 skilled specialists graduates every year from ONMA in the fields of merchant marine, and various marine transport.
ONMA has four year undergraduate and five and a half year specialist and masters programs. The Academy is accredited by the State Accreditation Board of Ukraine with the highest accreditation level. The faculties of automation, ships' engineering, electromechanical and radio-electronic faculties are accredited by the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST) UK and the faculty of Navigation is accredited by the Nautical Institute (NI) UK.
Scientific research at the academy is conducted in: Navigation Safety - Marine Fleet Maintenance and Operations; Automation and Computer Integrated Technology in Marine Transport; Ship Repairing Technology & Technological Equipment; Social and Law Aspects of International Navigation; and Global Maritime Radio Communication.
Academic & Training Programs
Undergraduate Programs (4 years)
- Bachelors Degree in Navigation: Specializations in Deep-Sea Navigation / Cargo Transportation / Chartering and Agency Service.
- Bachelors Degree in Navigation: Specializations in Navigation on Sea and Inner Water Ways / Sea-going Hydrographic Ships Navigation / Technical Service Ships Navigation and Dredging Operations.
- Bachelors Degree in Ship Power Engineering: Specializations in Ships Power Plants Operations / Ships Power and Refrigerating Plants Operations.
- Bachelors Degree in Electric Systems and Complexes of Transport Means: Specialization in Operation and Maintenance of Ship's Automated Systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Radio Electronic Appliances, Systems and Complexes: Specialization in Operation and Maintenance of Ship's Automated Systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Jurisprudence: Specialization in Maritime Law.
- Bachelors Degree in Management of Organization: Specialization in Management of Organizations of Sea Transportation.
Specialist (1 year) Masters (1.5 years) & Doctors Programs
- Ship Power Plants
- Radio-technical and Television Systems
- Technological Processes Automation
Survival Training Center Courses
- Issues of safety and instructing of all seafarers proficiency training
- Proficiency in rescue boats and rafts training
- Advanced in fire fighting training
- First medical aid training
- Medical care training
- Carrying dangerous cargoes training
- Usage of breathing apparatus training