Translate to Your Language
Merchant Marine and Maritime Training Programs in Bulgaria
Established in 1974, Bulgarian Maritime Training Center (BMTC) is a complete training source for personnel employed in the shipping to prepare for Maritime Administration examinations and other professional qualifications. In 1989 the BMTC was declared as a national maritime training centre by Bulgarian Ministry of Transport and as a Centre of Excellence in its field over the years has constantly strengthens its position as the leading provider of high quality courses for seafarers working on board different types of vessels.
BMTC provides also a wide range of Maritime English courses and Computer Training Courses as well as licensed by Bulgarian Agency for professional education and training courses for achievement of vocational qualification for Ratings - Seamen, Motormen, Able seamen, Ship’s cook, Fitters, Electricians, and Stewards as well as for marine engineering and navigation on operational level.
BMTC makes considerable investments in modern equipment and it maintenance - the latest versions of Bridge, Engine Room and Liquid Cargo Handling Simulators of Kongsberg are in operation. All 3 simulators are maintained in accordance with LTSSP and are licensed by DNV. Since March 2011, Bridge Simulator and Engine Room are integrated, which contributes to the better course performance.
- Basic Safety Training - Initial (6 days) Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats, Other Than Fast Rescue Boats - Initial Course (4 days)
- Specialized Training for Personnel on Passenger Ships, (Including Ro-Ro Passenger Ships) (2 days)
- Proficiency in Medical First Aid (4 days)
- Updated Proficiency in Medical Care On Board Ship - (Refresher Course) (2 days)
- Proficiency in Medical Care On board Ship (5 days)
- Shipboard Safety Officer (3 days)
- Proficiency for Ship Security Officer (2 days)
- Proficiency In Fast Rescue Boat - According To the National Standard of MARAD (3 days)
- Proficiency in Security Awareness (1 day)
- Crew Resource Management Simulator Course (3 days)
- Bridge Team And Resource Management - As Per STCW 2010 Amendments (5 days)
- Engine Resource and Team Management New Course, 2010 STCW Amendments Implemented (5 days)
- Proficiency for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties (2 days)
- Marine Environmental Awareness (2 days)
- Advanced Training on Liquefied Gas Tanker Operations (7 days)
- Basic Training On Oil And Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations -As per STCW '2010 Amendments and the National Standards of MARAD (5 days)
- Basic Training on Liquefied Gas Tanker Cargo Operations - As per STCW 2010 Amendments (5 days)
- Advanced Training in Fire Fighting (4 days)