What is your Language? (Select to translate)
Shipping Management & Policy, and Logistics, Supply Chain & Transport Education in London
The University of Greenwich offers the best of both worlds; city and country. As a student you would be on the doorstep of London, but they also offer the cream of Kent - rolling hills, pub-to-pub walks and seaside resorts. The University traces its roots to 1890, and over the years a range of specialist organizations have joined the institution, giving it the diverse strengths it has today in subjects such as architecture, business, computing, engineering and sciences.
The University of Greewich has three campuses, all housed within buildings of historical importance: Avery Hill and Greenwich in London, and Medway in Kent. The University is proud of its diverse student body. People from more than 140 countries choose to study at Greenwich, part of an international student community of 4,900.
The Greenwich Maritime Centre is a part of the University of Greenwich. Established in 1998 as Greenwich maritime Institute, it provides a specialist postgraduate and research within the large multi-faculty University of Greenwich. It is an active centre for maritime research.
- BA (Hons) in Business Logistics and Transport Management (3 years full-time, 4 years sandwich & 6 years part-time): This program has a strong commercial orientation and academic rigour, leading to rewarding careers. It provides a well-rounded approach to business while enabling you to specialise in the logistics and transport industry. As employers are looking for graduates with distinctive, relevant experience, this program will also enable you to take part in the Greenwich Employability Passport scheme.
- BA (Hons) in Business Purchasing and Supply Chain Management (3 years full-time, 4 years sandwich & 6 years part-time): This specialist business program has both a strong commercial orientation and academic rigour. It provides a well-rounded approach to business while focusing on purchasing and supply chain management, which covers diverse sectors such as fashion, retail, service and manufacturing. Greenwich Employability Passport scheme is enabled and is designed to recognise and reward extracurricular activities such as part-time work, volunteering, society membership, or attending our special guest lectures, to help give you a competitive edge in the job market.
Maritime & Shipping Management Programs
- MSc in Global Shipping Management (1 year full-time, 2 years part-time): The MSc Global Shipping Management program provides a unique opportunity to address the academic and educational needs of the rapidly growing and competitive global shipping industry. This postgraduate degree program addresses the key challenges of the shipping industry through the combination of theoretical maritime and shipping management topics with the emerging industry trends; applying the learning within the shipping, maritime and port industry sectors.
- MA International Maritime Policy (1 year full-time, 2 years part-time): Maritime Policy may be broadly defined as the area of private and public policy concerned with: the economics of maritime transport, ports and terminals; national and international regulation; maritime security and defense; maritime labor; with oceanic law, policy and management; oceanic and coastal zone environmental protection. International and interdisciplinary in approach, this MA in particularly aimed at maritime professionals, in both sea and shore-based, seeking to develop an in depth understanding of current issues and future developments; at public policy professionals looking to acquire maritime experience; and at graduates in maritime studies and public policy areas requiring further specialization and postgraduate qualifications.
- MBA / Executive MBA in Maritime Management (1 year full-time, 2 years part-time, 3 years distance learning): The MBA in Maritime Management is a joint development by Greenwich Maritime Institute and the University of Greenwich Business School. While retaining the themes and all-inclusiveness of a classic MBA, this programme, which has been developed in consultation with leading figures from the maritime industry, pursues and applies theory an practice with special reference to the maritime sector. Students also study other subjects with particular relevance to Maritime Management which are economics of international shipping, public shipping law and maritime policy.
Logistics & Transport Management Programs
- MA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (1 year full-time, 2 years part-time): This Master's degree will provide you with knowledge of supply chain networks which may be designed for services or manufacturing and be global or domestic in scale. This includes the functions of procurement, production, distribution and customer service, and a diverse range of designs and structures.
- MA in Transport Systems Management (1 year full-time, 2 years part-time): Ther Master's degree explores new approaches to design and analysis of transport and logistics systems. It focuses on contemporary issues, such as e-business, transport systems modeling, and environmental issues in transport and logistics.
Offshore Management Programs
- MSc in Global Oil and Gas Management (1 year full-time, 2 years part-time): This postgraduate degree program provides a global perspective on these issues and also a high quality of delivery from subject matter experts, from both industry and academia. The program also features software products and computer-based training from market leaders in the relevant subject areas.
University of Greenwich Features
One hundred years of innovation, strong links to industry and commerce, complemented by research excellence and an international agenda are what make the University of Greenwich a leading modern university. The University has a resource base of highly qualified staff with wide ranging expertise and significant links with business and industry; this, coupled with 25,000 students from a variety of backgrounds and countries provides an imaginative and affluent learning experience for all.
- Campus: The Greenwich London Campus is on a World Heritage Site on the banks of the River Thames. The university's largest campus is centered on three baroque buildings designed by Sir Christopher Wren at the end of the 17th century.
- Accreditation: University of Greenwich is a public university and UK Border Agency (UKBA) highly trusted student sponsor. Logistics and Supply Chain Management are accredited by Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) as may be applicable with individual programs.
- Social Facilities: A few minutes' walk from the campus is Cooper Building, which is home to the students' union. Inside, Bar Latitude has bright, modern decor and offers a range of hot and cold food. A pool room and the union shop are also in the building.
- Careers Guidance and Support: The University will provide you with ongoing careers advice and support, so you can make the transition into employment and fulfill your potential when you graduate.
- Study Skills Centers: Through the Study Skills Centers, you can improve your reading, research and presentation skills.
- Federal Student Aid for US students: Financial assistance (William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program) is available for American students studying at an overseas university through the US Government's Department for Education. The University of Greenwich is a participant of this program.
- Housing: The University offers a guarantee of accommodation to all new students for the September intake, in Halls of Residence or University-approved accommodation. This is provided that the accommodation application is received within the deadline date, and all conditions of offer are met.