Supply Chain Management Career Education at Illinois Central College, East Peoria, Illinois Campus
Established in 1967, Illinois Central College (ICC) provides an affordable avenue to quality education, technology, cultural events, and personal enrichment to the members of its community. Founded in 1966, the ICC district covers 2,322 square miles. In any given semester, the college offers more than 1,500 classes. The ICC Educational Foundation awards roughly 0,000 in scholarships annually, and the college itself provides nearly million in tuition waivers.
Of the 48 community colleges statewide, ICC ranks eighth in the state for number of students served. Forty-three percent of the people in the area who are going to college go to ICC. ICC offers 69 transferable Associate in Arts and Sciences programs, 84 Associate in Applied Science programs, and 104 occupational Certificate programs. Every year ICC awards nearly 1,500 certificates and degrees.
ICC serves all or parts of 10 Central Illinois counties: Peoria, Tazewell, Woodford, Bureau, Logan, Marshall, Livingston, McLean, Stark, and Mason. The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges & Schools.
Undergraduate Career Programs
- AAS Degree in Management – Supply Chain Management: The Management program is designed for students preparing for managerial positions but provides the student with the opportunity to specialize by pursuing electives in one of three management career options: Supervision; Supply Chain Management; or Hospitality Management. Internship courses are offered whereby students can gain work experience in their chosen field and earn college credit while working at an approved business location. Program requirements can be completed in four semesters of full-time study or on a part-time basis. The program is not designed for college transfer, although some courses may transfer with approval from four-year institutions.
- Certificate in Management of Supply Chain: The Supply Chain Management Program is designed to provide the vocational capabilities and skills required to effectively manage, implement, and execute the strategies and business plans needed to successfully compete in today´s manufacturing environment. The program provides a focused curriculum for employees currently working in the field of Supply Chain Management, and serves to enhance the qualifications for those desiring to enter this field. Program courses stress the practical knowledge, techniques, and theory needed to work effectively, to solve current problems, and to develop new strategies and direction. In addition, this program prepares the student for the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) National Certification.
The Peoria metropolitan area is home to some 400,000 people and is nearly equidistant from Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis. Peoria ranks among US News and World Report's 10 Hottest Cities, based on economic growth. The Tri-County Area is booming with existing businesses expanding and new high tech business increasing in number. There are job opportunities galore. Plus, you'll find affordable homes, excellent schools and colleges, fine health care facilities, great shopping, a high cultural environment, and loads of recreation.
- Campus: The East Peoria Campus is located near the intersection of Routes 24 and 116, just east of the Illinois River. It is situated on more than 400 acres of beautiful, wooded terrain and is home to five major buildings. Other campuses are: Downtown campus, consisting of the Perley and Thomas buildings on Adams Street in Peoria; ICC North campus, at 5407 North University, also in Peoria; and South Campus, located in the Riverway Business Park in Pekin.
- Accreditation: Illinois Central College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- Career Services: ICC Career Services provides comprehensive, state-of the art resources and services to our students, alumni, and the community by assisting in career exploration, career development and job placement.
- Faculty: Three-fourths of the faculty teaching in programs leading to the bachelor’s degree hold the highest degrees in their field. Clayton State has 197 full-time faculty.
- ICC Career Cluster: : ICC offers Career Clusters which is all about giving you the information you need to decide about your career. A cluster describes a group of careers that have specific knowledge (things you know) and skills (things you do) in common. Clusters are groups of occupations and industries that have things in common.
- Transfer Center: The Transfer Center will provide accurate information and resources to help students achieve a seamless transfer to the four-year institution of their choice. The Illinois Central College Student Transfer Center has detailed up-to-date information about courses at four-year colleges and universities to help you plan your academic program and keep you on the Right Track.
- Housing: Living at Woodview Commons student housing means choosing a place where you can Live Learn and Grow, supporting your academic and social needs while attending college in Peoria, IL. Woodview Commons provides outlets for your personal growth by promoting a healthy and environmentally responsible lifestyle that takes center stage.
LAST UPDATED ON Oct 9, 2021