Transportation, Logistics & Supply Chain Management Education and Online Career Training at USF Ductilcrete Logistics Institute
Founded in 1920, The University of St. Francis in Joliet is a Catholic (Franciscan) university with more than 3,300 students nationwide. USF's main campus is located St. Joliet, about 35 miles southwest of Chicago and approximately serves 1,300 students. University of St. Francis has four academic colleges including College of Business and Health Administration and offers 40 undergraduate programs, four degree-completion programs and 15 graduate programs, including two doctoral programs.
The Ductilcrete Logistics Institute at USF (formerly the USF Intermodal Transportation Institute) is an academic center providing a base of knowledge on the intermodal transportation industry. It is committed to providing areas of academic research to benefit the Will County Inland Port, public and private industry entities and university students. It provides a politically neutral, epicenter of information and guidance for this growing and vital industry. It complements current economic and industry support centers. It serves as an outreach for the USF College of Business and Health Administration.
USF is ranked among the best universities in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and the Princeton Review as well as identified as a College of Distinction. The university is well known for its academic quality with high placements rates.
- BS in Business Administration with Transportation and Logistics Concentration: A Business Administration Bachelor’s degree concentrating in Logistics lets you work on projects that combine practical industry knowledge with business acumen and innovation skills. Students choosing Logistics gain important core business skills such as accounting, economics, finance and marketing, as well as acquiring the general liberal arts education USF is famous for. The USF Ductilcrete Logistics Institute provides opportunities to interact with the vibrant intermodal transportation business in Joliet and Chicago.
- MBA Supply Chain Management: An MBA with a concentration in Supply Chain Management lets you work on projects that combine practical industry knowledge with business acumen and innovation skills. The Ductilcrete Logistics Institute provides opportunities to interact with the vibrant intermodal transportation business in Joliet/Will County and Chicagoland. Illinois, particularly the Chicagoland area, is one of the largest transportation hubs in the United States, with vast employment opportunities and career growth options. USF also participates in the SAP University Alliance and Microsoft, IBM and Oracle Software Education programs.
- Graduate Certificate in Logistics: The Certificate in Logistics consists of 16 credit hours (4 courses) that can be applied towards a Master of Business Administration degree or Master of Science in Management degree at USF. Also, current students in these graduate degree programs can also take individual courses as electives for personal learning and development.
Online Career Training Programs
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management + Freight Broker/Agent Training: This program combines two essential career training's for those interested in entering the logistics sector. In learning supply chain management and freight brokerage, you will have a holistic understanding of how these roles contribute to logistics. This program is entirely online and is completed at your own pace. When you register, you receive twelve (12) months to complete this program.
- Certified Green Supply Chain Professional: The Certified Green Supply Chain Professional Online Training Program will give you the specialized knowledge to enable a company to achieve its environmental sustainability goals through global sourcing, materials management, procurement and buying, transportation and logistics, and new product development. Upon registering, you're given thirteen months to complete this program.
LAST UPDATED ON May 12, 2017