Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Procurement & Inventory/ Production Control Education at Harper College Palatine
As a community college, Harper College’s primary objective has long centered on providing the first two years of baccalaureate education in liberal arts, sciences and pre-professional curricula so that students can prepare themselves for transfer to four-year colleges and universities to complete their degrees and satisfy their individual educational goals. In addition, the focus at Harper has broadened to include more opportunities for career education, training and retraining, professional development and personal enrichment.
The college was established by referendum in 1965 and opened September 1967. It is named for Dr. William Rainey Harper, a pioneer in the junior college movement in the United States and the first president of the University of Chicago.
Harper offers classes and services at many locations within District 512: The Northeast Center (NEC), Prospect Heights; The Harper Professional Center (HPC), Schaumburg; The Illinois Small Business Development Center (ISBDC) has an office within the Harper Professional Center in Schaumburg; Harper College works in partnership with the Illinois workNet Center to provide on-site career training and job search support and located in Arlington Heights.
- AAS Degree in Manufacturing Technology - Supply Chain Management Specialization: This 60 credit-hour Advanced Manufacturing Technology degree is designed to prepare students for the modern manufacturing environment. This program will prepare students for employment with companies that have implemented team-oriented design, production, quality and maintenance systems within the manufacturing environment. American manufacturers are increasingly using high-tech equipment that involves multiple integrated systems. It is critical that these companies be able to recruit and employ individuals who know how to operate, troubleshoot and maintain this high-tech equipment.
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management: This 18 credit-hour certificate program is designed to provide End-to-End (E2E) education for those persons working directly in, or in fields related to, supply chain management. This particular curriculum format is especially suitable for those who may be in the field and are seeking to fill in knowledge or skill “gaps” in their total preparation. Educational content covers all functions within the supply chain including demand planning, inventory and production control, procurement and supply management, and logistics and transportation.
- Certificate in Logistics: This 12 credit-hour certificate program is designed for those currently employed in or seeking employment in logistics and related positions. Topics covered will provide the graduate with knowledge of transportation, warehouse operations, material handling, packaging and overall logistics design and strategy.
- Certificate in Procurement: This 12 credit-hour certificate program is designed for those currently employed in or seeking employment in procurement positions in various industries. The curriculum emphasizes developing the competencies necessary for success in the procurement and supply management field.
- Certificate in Inventory/Production Control: This 12 credit-hour certificate program is designed for those currently employed in or seeking employment in the fields of inventory management or production control. The coursework is specific to those jobs and careers that focus on production planning, MRP and ERP processes, inventory management, and materials management.
Harper College Features
Harper College District 512 comprises these communities: Arlington Heights, Barrington, Barrington Hills, Elk Grove Village, Inverness, Lake Barrington. Mount Prospect, North Barrington, Palatine, Prospect Heights, Rolling Meadows, Schaumburg, South Barrington, Tower Lakes, Wheeling and portions of Hoffman Estates, Deer Park, Buffalo Grove, Carpentersville, Des Plaines, Roselle, Fox River Grove.
- Campus: Harper College is approximately 25 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, Illinois in the suburb of Palatine.
- Accreditation: All courses and educational programs, including counseling services and distance learning programs, are fully accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools (NCA).
- Fast Track Program: Condensed class schedules are pre-planned and pre-packaged for your convenience. You can choose from attending class just one night a week or one weekend day until you’re finished. Additional schedules will be available soon.
- Career Coaching and Success Support: In addition to having access to Harper’s expert career and academic counselors, you have the opportunity to work with a career coach. Together, you’ll develop a plan to overcome obstacles to career success and create a plan to achieve your goals.
- Affordability and Value: Harper’s tuition is an incredible value and educational investment that will pay dividends for years to come. Tuition (in-district residents) is just a fraction of the cost of four-year universities.
- Transfer to Complete Bachelor's: Harper's partnerships will colleges and universities enable you to transfer quickly and complete your bachelor's degree.
- Harper Online: Distance courses are offered through a combination of delivery modes that may include online, telecourse, teleweb, and/or blended formats. Harper College currently offers 16 degrees in distance-learning format. Some classes needed to complete these distance degrees may require on-campus visits for orientations, lectures/discussions, labs and/or proctored testing.
- Honors Program: You get the benefit of reduced class size and the challenge of social and intellectual interaction with other high achievers.
- Study Abroad: Full-Semester Programs (Fall or Spring) are available at following locations - Canterbury Christ Church College, England; Salzburg College, Austria; Kishwaukee College, Ireland; Centro Mexicano International, Mexico; and Xian International University, China.
- Summer Semester Programs: Milan, Italy; Madrid, Spain, Kyoto, Japan; Munich, Germany, and Pohansko, Czech Republic.
LAST UPDATED ON May 12, 2017