USCG Captains License Courses and Endorsements & STCW Training Programs in Chicago, Illinois
Established over 20 years ago and located in Chicago, Chicago Maritime School (CMS) offers a wide selection of q maritime and safety training taught by active mariners with both U. S. Coast Guard training and extensive commercial experience. The school caters to novices as well as licensed captain solid foundation to help overcome the challenges encountered on the water.
Apart from training, Chicago Maritime Group also specializes in providing drug and alcohol testing and program management for the maritime industry. The associate company, St Clair Marine Services specializes in maritime compliance consulting, security, & marine surveys for commercial and recreational vessels.
Chicago Maritime School also provides merchant mariner credential application assistance for new, renewal or upgrade credentials and ensures the paperwork is correct and in order.
USCG and STCW Courses
- OUPV Inland, Great Lakes & Near Coastal (6-Pack) License (52 hours)
- Upgrade OUPV to Master up to 100 Gross Tons (16 hours)
- Upgrade an Inland or Great Lakes Scope to Near Coastal (Up to 100 GT) (8 hours)
- Upgrade OUPV/Master to 200 Gross Ton Mate/Master (12 hours)
- Able Bodied Seaman/Lifeboatman Limited (AB) (40 hours)
- Assistance Towing Endorsement
- Auxiliary Sail Endorsement
- STCW Basic and Advanced Fire Training
- STCW Basic Fire Fighting (2 days)
- STCW-95/2010 Basic Training Courses
- Security Awareness Course (STCW) (4 hours)
- Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties (STCW) (8 hours)
- Vessel/Facility Security Officer (STCW) (16 hours)
- National Safety Council Standard First Aid/CPR/AED
- FCC Marine Radio Operators Permit (MROP)
- RADAR Observer Recertification Course (1 day)