USCG and STCW Training in First Aid/ CPR, PST, PSSR, BT, and Designated Duty Engineer in Rockland County NY with RCC & Learn America
Established in 1959, Rockland Community College (RCC) is a community college located at Ramapo NY and is part of the State University of New York (SUNY). The college offers over 50 programs including associate degrees and certificates. RCC has articulation agreements with several colleges and universities which helps the students to earn bachelors, master or a doctoral degree.
The main campus is in Suffern, New York, but instructions are also offered at an extension sites in Haverstraw and Orangeburg. RCC also serves as a unique and important resource for the community. Our cultural offerings attract thousands of community members, and the business community turns to RCC for workforce training and development.
RCC has partnered with Learn America, RCC’s USCG approved training partner, to provide hands-on instruction taught by USCG licensed and approved instructors, blended with USCG approved online training to assist in certification goals. RCC’s broad selection of approved training courses covers all the mandatory certification skills and knowledge you’ll need to pass your test and work on a vessel. RCC Continuing Education / Learn America Maritime Studies blended courses are offered primarily online, with one to five days of classroom training in Rockland County, NY.
USCG & STCW Courses
- First Aid/ CPR (Blended) - RCC Suffern, Haverstraw Campus: This course is designed to teach personnel the proper actions to take upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency. Successful completion of this course will satisfy the USCG & STCW requirements.
- Personal Survival Techniques (Blended) - RCC Main Campus Suffern: This course combines classroom and in-water training to teach personnel the proper actions and survival techniques to ensure safety during an emergency evacuation/abandonment from a vessel or offshore facility.
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibility (Online): This course is designed to teach personnel the proper actions to take while executing their shipboard duties to ensure their own personal safety, the safety of fellow crewmembers and to protect the marine environment.
- Basic Fire Fighting (Blended) - Rockland Fire Training Center in Pomona: This course is designed to teach participants the importance of fire prevention, the proper actions to take upon discovering a fire, and how to protect themselves with existing firefighting equipment within their work area.
- Basic Training (Blended) - Rockland Fire Training Center in Pomona: This course covers the four major topics required by the U.S.C.G. The course is thought through a blended program: students will spend 57 hours of blended learning, including 19 hours across 3 days of in-class training.
- Combined Basic and Advanced Fire Fighting (Blended) - Rockland Fire Training Center in Pomona: This course is designed to train seafarers in minimizing risk, maintaining state of readiness, and extinguishing shipboard fires. It combines both classroom and practical fire-field exercises in full turnout gear with live burns.
USCG Engineering Course
- Designated Duty Engineer (Blended) - RCC Suffern & Haverstraw: Under the United States regulations, the DDE may serve as a Chief Engineer on domestic vessels of not more than 500grt. The unlimited horsepower DDE credential is valid on any waters. For many industries, including Towing, Offshore Supply, Mega Yachts, or other vessels up to 500 grt, this is an ideal license to obtain as a step towards the higher level assistant and chief engineer licenses. This course does not satisfy any STCW Competency or Training.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 30, 2018