STCW and non-STCW Professional Mariner Courses & New York State Safety Boating Course in Flushing NY
Founded in 2015 and located at Flushing NY, Good Wind Maritime Services provides professional training for Long Island Mariners and Boaters. Good Wind Maritime offers variety of STCW and non-STCW courses, NYS Safety Boating courses, to Private lessons and Charter Captains programs. This is a locally owned company that hires only experienced mariners and professionals.
Other than training programs, Good Wind Maritime Services also offer decades of experience in rules and regulations for regulatory consulting as well as surveying of vessels and cargo. They are authorized to conduct flag state safety inspections for Vanuatu and Palau registries. The company is also authorized dealers of many products of Weems & Plath. Weems & Plath provides time-tested nautical instruments for safe and enjoyable boating.
Professional Mariner Courses
- Security Awareness for Seafarers (STCW A-VI/6-1): This course is for seafarers or other shipboard personnel who will not be assigned specific security duties in connection with the Ship Security Plan and for shore-based personnel involved in ship security.
- Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties (STCW A-V/6-1): This course covers security threats and patterns; recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices; recognition of characteristics and behavioral patterns of people who may threaten security; techniques used to avoid them.
- Visual Communications (Flashing light): This course will satisfy the Visual Signaling requirements of 46CFR11.309(a)(4)(vi) and 11.319(1)(4)(vi) and STCW 2010 assessment 8.2A for all Officers in Charge of a Navigation Watch on vessels of 500 GT or more.
Recreational Boating Programs
- New York State Safety Boating Course: All individuals born on or after 5/1/96 are now required to successfully complete an approved course in boater education in order to operate a motorboat.
- Private Lessons and Charters: Whether you want to learn better boating techniques, or you just want someone to drive for you, the captains have years of experience to share that with you.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 30, 2018