Commercial Inland Marine Insurance, Transportation Underwriting, & Other Courses and Seminars in New York and Regional Centers around U.S.
Founded in 1930 and based in New York, Inland Marine Underwriters Association (IMUA) is an association for the commercial inland marine insurance industry in the United States. With members representing over 90 percent of inland marine premium writings, the Association provides its members with comprehensive training and educational programs, including research papers, news articles, industry analysis, seminars, webinars, and the impact of legislative and regulatory issues.
IMUA is the only organization focused specifically on the inland marine line of business in the property and casualty industry. Insurance and reinsurance companies and associate member companies who supply products and services to the industry rely on IMUA to keep them informed on the issues and in-touch with their industry peers.
IMUA provides a full curriculum of training and education opportunities including courses, webinars and seminars for our industry professionals. Members have access to a library of papers and reports on current issues, technical subject matter and emerging technology. IMUA supports and advances the legislative & regulatory inland marine insurance causes and issues of common interest to our member insurance and reinsurance companies.
Professional Development Training
Inland Marine Insurance Courses
- Introduction to Commercial Inland Marine Insurance (2 days): Comprehensive course providing the basics of the primary lines of commercial inland marine insurance including modules on - Industry Overview, Builders Risk, Contractors Equipment, Transportation, Fine Arts and Loss Prevention & Claims.
- Intermediate Fine Arts (0.5 day): This class is designed for individuals who understand the basics of fine art underwriting. Focus on key issues and analysis that lead to a more thorough underwriting process, providing a clear understanding of the unique exposures inherent in fine art.
- Intermediate Transportation (1 day): Full-day class designed for individuals who understand the basics of transportation underwriting. It zeroes in on the key issues and analysis that lead to a more thorough underwriting process including a clear understanding of exposures, coverage nuances and risk evaluation.
- Distance Learning Option for Intro to Commercial Inland Marine Insurance Course
- Intermediate Transportation with a Broker Perspective
- Intermediate Fine Art Distance Learning Option
- What is Inland Marine Insurance and Why Is It Important?
- Common Inland Marine Policy Provisions
- Transit Insurance
- Motor Truck Cargo Liability Insurance
- Contractors Equipment Insurance
- Builders Risk Policies and Installation Floaters
- Dealers Policies and Related Coverages
- Bailee and Bailor Coverages
- Coverage for Computers and Communications Equipment
- Fine Arts Insurance
- Miscellaneous Coverages
- DIC and Output Policies