USCG OUPV (six-pack), Masters, Assistance Towing and Sail Endorsements, License Renewal and upgrades & Boating Safety Courses in NY
Located at Bethpage NY, Safe Boating America provides boating safety, education, certification and Captain's licensing in the New York, New Jersey & Connecticut metropolitan area. They also offer Online courses and all of the classes meet the State and Coast Guard Educational Requirements for operating a Boat, and PWC. Safe Boating America offer courses to earn OUPV (six-pack), Masters, Assistance Towing and Sail Endorsements, License Renewal and upgrades.
These courses, plus the FCC Marine Radio Operator Permit (MROP) license preparation and examination services elevate Safe Boating America to a level of service well beyond the majority. The required USCG license examination is taken with Safe Boating America and, Public, group, and individual classes are always available throughout the year.
Safe Boating America and its affiliates are industry and educational partners or members of -National Safe Boating Council, National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), University of Washington, Ballard Maritime Academy, Columbian Basin College, Lewis and Clark State College, Tacoma Community College, Middlesex County College, San Juan Sailing, Club Nautique, and the National Association of Charter Boat Operators.
USCG & Licensing Programs
- OUPV Course (2 days): This course provides training to mariners seeking their US Coast Guard Operators License as Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV) upon Great Lakes, Inland and/or Near Coastal waters as specified in 46 CFR Part 10. It satisfies the examination requirements listed in 46 CFR 10.910, Table 10.910-2 in lieu of taking the examinations at a US Coast Guard Regional Examination Center (REC).
- Master License
- Assistance Towing and Sail Endorsements
- FCC Marine Radio Operator Permit (MROP) license preparation and examination
Boating Safety Programs
- Boating Safety Certification Classes (1 day or 2 Evenings): Upon successful completion of these courses the student will receive a New York State Boating Safety Certificate.
- Connecticut Boat & PWC Certification Courses (1 day): Successfully completing this eight hour class qualifies you for your Connecticut Safe Boating Certificate and Certificate of Personal Watercraft Operation (also known as a Boat and Jetski License) to operate BOTH boats and PWC/Jetski.
- AHA CPR, AED, 1st Aid Certification: This course is geared towards anyone wishing to learn and become certified in CPR and the use of an AED. It is also the perfect course for those with a duty to respond, such as police, airline personnel, security guards, and employees in the workplace; family members of patients at high risk for sudden cardiac death; and other rescuers who may need to respond to a cardiac emergency and need to learn how to operate an AED.
LAST UPDATED ON August 1, 2018