Shipboard Firefighting, Inland Waterway Barge &Tow Boat Fires, LNG for First Responders, Small Boat & Marina Fires, and Small Fireboat Operations Training
Marine Firefighting Institute (MFI) provides training, lectures, seminars, consulting, and expert witness testimony and tailors the time and content to match the specific needs of a department or vessel. With over 30 years of expertise and experience on structural and marine firefighting, MFI also conduct a port risk assessment to determine if the dangers within the port can be handled with the existing resources.
MFI also provides training for crews operating on a tug or tow boat moving barges on an inland river, or an offshore service vessel supplying needed equipment and crew changes to an oil rig, or a cargo or passenger ship traveling the world, or a shipyard that builds and repairs these vessels including onsite training.
Marine Firefighting Institute (MFI) worked with the LNG industry for over 10-years and arranges for specialized training for employees of the owner/operator of an LNG facility, fleet, or Fi Fi equipped LNG escort tug. The parent company Marine Firefighting Inc. is a member of NFPA.
Academic & Training Programs
Marine Firefighting Programs
- Shipboard Firefighting Seminar (3-5 days): This seminar will provide the Firefighters with the information they will need to operate safely in this marine environment. It provides them with the information and tools they will need to operate safely at a vessel on fire or emergency including protecting the port and/or waterfront.
- Inland Waterway Barge and Tow Boat Fires (3 days): This program incorporates everything from MFI Shipboard Firefighting program above except for the ship familiarization seminars. This intensive seminar examines many of the features found aboard the inland waterway barges and towboats which can either help or hamper a Firefighting operation. From extinguisher or small hose line operations to massive foam monitors and CO2 operations, this seminar discusses each operation.
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) for First Responders: This training program covers the properties, dangers, and emergency operations for this product which can now be found not only in ports but on the roads, rails, and at industrial and construction sites.
- Small Boat and Marina Fires: This seminar begins with a classroom session in which we will view videos and examine case studies of actual marina fires to determine what could have been done differently and what tactics proved worthwhile.
- Small Fireboat Operations at Fires and Emergencies: This seminar is designed to address some of the hazards and operating techniques of handling a small fireboat responding to and operating at marine fires and emergencies. This is NOT designed as a basic boating class and it would be expected that anyone taking this seminar had already received some training in basic boating or would have some previous boating experience.