AMSA Approved STCW 2010 Safety and Security Training Courses at Nambour Regional Training Centre, Queensland
Established in 2006, Maritime Career Training is located at Nambour Kulangoor in the Sunshine Coast Region in Queensland, Australia and provides STCW 2010 Safety Training programs for the maritime and superyacht industry. Maritime Career Training is the largest provider of AMSA approved training center and is approved by AMSA to deliver all the theory online. Also the center is one of very few training organizations in Australia to have fire training ground.
Maritime Career Training (under the name Superyacht Career Training) has been conducting Certificate of Safety Training courses for the superyacht industry. The centre has trained over 140 personnel who have travelled to either Ft Lauderdale in Florida USA or Palma, Antibes and Majorica on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea to obtain a position on a superyacht.
The AMSA Certificate of Safety Training is recognized by many overseas Administrations or Flag States including the United Kingdom MCA. MCA recognition of the training is an essential pre-requisite to obtaining a job on a superyacht overseas. The training programs are conducted at the Nambour Regional Training Centre in Ayreshire Rd, Kulangoor.
Safety Training Programs
- Security Awareness Training (SAT) (Online): AMSA approved Security Awareness Training is mandatory for all seafarers, including Masters, Deck and Engineering Officers.
- First Aid (one day + online learning): The course is instructed in compliance with (STCW Reg VI/1 Code A-VI/1 Table A VI/1-3) and consists of some hours of pre-course online learning which must be completed prior to attending the approximately seven hours of theory and practical covering basic First Aid and CPR in marine situations in the classroom. The course is completed with written and practical assessments. Successful candidates will receive a nationally recognized Provide First Aid Statement of Attainment in addition to the AMSA approved Elementary First Aid Course Completion Certificate.
- Fire (1.5 day + online learning): It is instructed in compliance with (STCW Reg VI/1 Code A-VI/1 Table A VI/1-2) including shipboard fire fighting organization, the elements of fire and explosion, types of ignition, fire and smoke detection, breathing apparatus use and automatic alarm system familiarization. A written assessment for the fire course is invigilated in the classroom and successful candidates will receive an AMSA approved Course Completion Certificate.
- PSSR (5 hours + online learning): The course covers working relationships on board, health and hygiene, drugs and alcohol, shipboard management structure and responsibilities, emergencies and safe working practices. The course is followed by a written assessment and successful candidates will receive an AMSA approved Course Completion Certificate.
- PST (5 hours + online learning):The course is instructed in compliance with (STCW Reg VI/1 Code A-VI/1 Table A VI/1-1) covering emergency situations, evacuation, survival craft and rescue boats, personal lifesaving appliances, survival at sea, emergency radio equipment and helicopter assistance. Evidence of your competencies will be gathered in the form of written and practical assessments of your survival techniques. Successful candidates will receive an AMSA approved Course Completion Certificate.
- CoST 1 Day Refresher Course: This course is for seafarers who already hold an AMSA issued Certificate of Safety Training, meet sea time requirements and have completed AMSA’s Security Awareness Training (SAT) or have satisfied SAT competency requirements.
- CoST 2 Day Revalidation Course: If you hold an existing Certificate of Safety Training but do not met AMSA’s sea service requirements detailed above then you can complete this short course in order to gain revalidation of your existing CoST for 5 more years.