Translate to Your Language
Approved Regional Training Organization for Australian Marine Qualifications and Training in Manly, Brisbane
Established in 2003 and located at South East Queensland, Australia, Queensland Marine Training Services (QMTS - RTO 40505) is a marine training RTO and delivers nationally recognized maritime training programs for Australian Mariners. QMTS focuses on up skilling marine crews and employees so as to provide a pathway to obtaining the qualifications to upgrade their marine tickets and safety training. The qualifications align with the new AMSA Certificates of Competencies. Training location is Manly, Brisbane.
Students are offered flexible course options designed to fit into the challenges and provide a 12 months for students to complete their studies, if required. QMTS schedules block training for each of the courses through the year. Multiple training methods including workshops, e-learning, on-line training webinars, and also practical training is available for distance learning students.
QMTS has a fleet of 3 training vessels that are used for student training. The 5.5m rubber duck “Joe Duck”, 10m inboard single screw Steber “Vic Frizzell” which is the main training boat for coxswain students and the twin screw 16m charter fishing vessel “Big Cat”, Master < 24m and Master <35m students for practical navigation, stability and maneuvering.
Maritime Training Programs
Accredited Training Courses
- MARSS00008 Shipboard Safety Skill Set
- MAR20313 Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal)
- MAR20413 Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 Near Coastal)
- MAR30913 Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 metres Near Coastal)
- MAR30813 Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 Near Coastal) and
- MAR40613 Certificate IV in Maritime Operations (Master up to 35 metres Near Coastal)
- Above new qualifications will align with the new AMSA Certificates of Competencies
Non Accredited Training Courses
- Marine Radio Examination Packages
- Exemption 38 - Marine Safety (Low complexity duties) exemption 2015
LAST UPDATED ON Nov 26, 2018