Translate to Your Language
RYA & ISAF Certified STCW 10, Diesel Engine Maintenance, Radar Operators and other Marine Training in Australia
Based in Brisbane - Queensland, Offshore Marine Training Centre (OMTC) offers training courses through RYA Training Centers and Yacht and Sailing clubs Australia wide. Many sailing schools retain OMTC to deliver these courses as the courses are specialist in nature, equipment intensive and costly to set up. OMTC has necessary approvals in place including insurance, Australian Maritime Safety Authority notifications and, where necessary, State Maritime Authority approvals.
OMTC is accredited to issue ISAF, RYA and MCA certification. Instructors hold Australian National Training Authority (ANTA) workplace trainer and assessor certificates and are current Royal Yachting Association (RYA) Yachtmaster Offshore Instructors and Yachting Australia Sea Survival Examiners and Offshore Yachtmaster Instructors. Each instructor sails offshore for at least 100 days every year, from the equator to Cape Horn and beyond.
- STCW 10 Safety Training: This program provides basic sea safety training for all ships crew on foreign going vessels and is accredited by the International Maritime Organization through an accredited IMO national maritime authority. All participants will receive RYA/ISAF and RYA/MCA sea safety certification enabling them to also work on large sailing vessels and participate in the sport of yacht racing globally.
- ISAF Personal Survival and Sea Safety: This course will equip sailors embarking on a cruising lifestyle to sail with confidence safely. The training results in the issue of Certification meeting the requirements of the International Sailing Federations Special Regulation 6.01 for yacht racing categories 0 (zero), 1 & 2.
- Marine First Aid: The course content has been developed by trained paramedics who are experienced offshore yachtsmen and certified workplace trainers. Using the International Maritime Organizations Marine First Aid syllabus as the core content you will focus on the injuries which are marine specific.
- Marine Radio Operators: These courses will provide you with the skills to sit for the examination of your choice which, on successful completion, will result in the issue of a licence by the Office of Maritime Communications, valid internationally. This will allow you to operate marine radio equipment world wide.
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance: This hands-on course includes theory, working on a Volvo Penta MDA 2020 three cylinder sail drive training engine in the class room and onboard a working yacht in survey.
- RYA Radar Operators: The course content was developed by the Royal Yachting Association to meet the needs of small boat operators, both power and sail.
- Shipboard Safety Skill Set: This qualification supersedes the Elements of Shipboard Safety course which has been replaced by the new national Maritime Training Package effective July 1 2014. The first half day is in the class room with the afternoon session in the swim pool, using survival equipment, so please bring a change of clothes and towel , overalls will suffice. The second day comprises fire fighting and distress flare drills followed in the afternoon by training on board a commercial vessel.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 5, 2018